This guide shows how to install DaButcher Wizard Builds on Kodi. The instructions apply to any device capable of running Kodi, including a FireStick (any version), Android TV, Android TV Box, Linux, PC, macOS, Android, iOS, and more.
What Is DaButcher Wizard?
DaButcher Wizard is a utility addon. It is also a collection of Kodi builds. When you install a build from this Wizard, you change the appearance of Kodi.
In addition to giving a cosmetic makeover to Kodi, the builds also come with several preinstalled addons.
If you are a Kodi regular, you will know that you must have addons to watch videos. Usually, you must install each addon separately. However, when you install a build, you get the addons preloaded. It saves time and effort.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 220.127.116.11 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Read: How to Install & Use the best VPN for Kodi.
Is DaButcher Safe?
The following image shows the virus scan of the Da Butcher addon repository (using Virus Total). The scan doesn’t reveal anything concerning. No security vendor raised any flags.
Furthermore, I kept this build on my device for a couple of days before writing this guide. The antivirus on my system hasn’t raised any flags either.
Is It Legal?
If you are using the build only for the new Kodi interface, there shouldn’t be any trouble. However, the build packs third-party addons. The addons probably pull video links from unverified sources. FireStickHow cannot say whether these sources have distribution or streaming rights. You might end up stepping over legal boundaries with these addons.
I recommend watching only movies and shows in the public domain. However, to maintain privacy, it is best to use Da Butcher Kodi builds with ExpressVPN. This VPN will encrypt your video streaming activities using military technology and keep you safe.
How to Install DaButcher Kodi Builds
I am breaking down the instructions into four small sections to make the process easier to follow. Here is what we are going to do:
- Part 1: Enable Kodi Setting to Allow Installation of the Builds
- Part 2: Add the DaButcher Repository Source
- Part 3: Install the DaButcher Wizard Kodi Addon
- Part 4: Install the DaButcher Builds from the Wizard
Let’s get started now!
Part 1: Enable the Kodi Setting to Allow Unknown Sources
Kodi does not let you install third-party builds by default. However, you can tweak a setting and enable the installation. So that’s what we are going to do now:
1. Go to the Settings window of the Kodi app by clicking the gear icon on the home screen.
2. Choose the System option on the following screen.
3. First, highlight the option Add-ons in the menu bar. Next, turn ON or switch ON the option Unknown Sources on the right part of the window.
4. The following prompt appears with a message. You may click Yes to proceed.
You have enabled Kodi to install third-party Kodi builds, such as DaButcher Builds.
Part 2: Add the DaButcher Repository Source
We have already established that DaButcher is from an external source and not part of the official collection. Therefore, we need to add the URL to point the Kodi to the source of the repository. Here is how you can do it:
1. Open the Settings menu again by clicking the gear button on the home screen (top-left).
2. Click File manager on the next window.
3. Go ahead and click the option Add source on this screen (on either side).
4. You should now see the following window. Click where you see the option <None>.
5. Type the following path or URL on the next window: https://dabutcher.org/repo/
I would recheck the URL to ensure it is correctly typed. Click OK to continue.
Note: FireStickHow does not own this URL or the repository. We do not have any association with the developers of the build or repository. This URL points to an external source.
6. The input box for the media source name is automatically filled with the name repo. I am going to change it to something more memorable. You will need it later. Click the input field.
7. You may delete the existing name and choose a new one. I am picking DB for demonstration in this guide. Click OK.
8. The new name now replaces the default one.
9. Click OK to accept and save the changes.
10. When you add the source successfully, the source name appears on this screen.
Let’s get to the next section now.
Part 3: Install the DaButcher Wizard
Let me give you a brief explanation first. Kodi builds are usually hosted on a Kodi addon, typically referred to as Wizard. And to install the Wizard, you must first install its repository. So, that’s exactly what we are going to do now – Install the repository and then install the Wizard.
Here is how it is done:
1. Navigate the Kodi Settings and then open Add-ons.
2. On this window, choose Install from zip file.
3. You must see a prompt now. Click Yes to get rid of it.
4. You must now see a popup window. You will find the source name DB (or whatever other name you picked earlier) on this window. Go ahead and click it.
5. You may see a few zip files here. Choose the one for the repository (repository.dab-x.x.x.zip). The file version may change by the time you read this guide.
6. The zip file you clicked will install the DaButcher Repository. A notification or confirmation of the installation is displayed in the upper-right area of the window.
7. Click the option Install from repository on the same window.
8. The newly installed repository appears here. Click DaButcher Repository.
9. Choose the folder Program add-ons on the next screen.
10. Now, click DaB 19 Wizard.
11. The dashboard of the Wizard appears. Click Install in the bottom-right corner.
12. You can now see the live update of the Wizard installation. Give it a minute to finish.
13. You should see the Dab19 Wizard installation notification in the screen’s upper-right corner in a few moments.
14. As shown in the image above, a popup also appears along with the notification. You may choose OK or Cancel. It won’t matter. We will erase the existing Kodi data before installing the build. However, if you want to retain some data, choose the options and click OK.
15. If this window appears, click Close to get rid of it.
You have installed the Wizard. Let’s install the Build now.
Part 4: Install the DaButcher Kodi Builds
You will use the Dab 19 Wizard to install the DaButcher Kodi builds. Please follow these instructions:
1. Keep pressing the back button until you are on the home screen of Kodi. Then, click Add-ons.
2. Select the Program add-ons in the menu on the left (don’t click it). Next, click the Dab 19 Wizard icon.
3. You see a bunch of options here. Click Build Menu.
4. Dab 19 Wizard doesn’t offer a lot of choices. Let’s pick the Chameleon Build from the menu.
5. Click Continue on the following prompt in order to proceed.
6. I recommend clicking Fresh Start on this prompt. It will erase any data and reset Kodi to default before installing the DaButcher build. Fresh Start is usually the best way to ensure the build’s stability.
7. Click Fresh Start one more time to confirm your intent.
8. Dab 19 Wizard will now delete the files and folders to reset Kodi.
9. After resetting Kodi, the Wizard will download the installation files of the Chameleon build. Give it some time.
10. When you see the Extracting files prompt, it means the Wizard is installing the build. It shouldn’t take more than a minute.
11. Click OK. This will force close the Kodi app and finalize the installation. The build will load after relaunching the Kodi app.
This is how you install the DaButcher builds on Kodi.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 18.104.22.168 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 2: Download ExpressVPN on your device by clicking HERE
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
Overview of the DaButcher Kodi Builds
Let’s look at the Chameleon build we installed from the Dab 19 Wizard.
First, restart the Kodi app. It will load up the build. However, since you are starting the build for the first time, allow it a few minutes. The build will update the addons and set everything up before it is ready to be used.
When the build has loaded completely, you see the new home screen of Kodi. Unlike the default Kodi which has a vertical main menu on the left, the Da Butcher build has a horizontal main menu. Furthermore, the build has a horizontal submenu underneath the main menu. The items in the submenu change based on the option you select in the main menu.
For example, in the image below, you can see that I have selected the Movies option in the main menu. The bar below the menu shows submenu options, such as Search W/Shadow, Search W/Fen, The Crew, and more.
In addition to the submenu, the build also lines up the recommended videos for the selected category.
You see similar options for the TV menu.
You can play the videos using one of the preinstalled addons. The Chameleon Build I picked for demonstration comes with several preloaded addons, including The Crew, Fen, Kodiverse, Asgard, and more.
To view all the addons, go to System in the main menu and click Video add-ons in the submenu.
The following window shows the complete list of addons included in the build.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with DaButcher Kodi Builds
The addons that come with the builds may offer you free streams. However, if you have used Kodi or addons for some time, you must have noticed that the free links aren’t of the greatest quality. They usually lag and buffer.
One of the best ways to improve video quality is Real Debrid. Real Debrid is known as the best premium link generator, and you can buy it for less than $5 a month from their official website.
You can create the RD account and then follow these steps to use it with the DaButcher Kodi builds:
1. Click System in the main menu.
2. Click the System icon again on the following screen.
3. Go to Add-ons > Manage Dependencies.
4. Scroll down and then click ResolveURL.
5. Click Configure on the following screen.
6. Choose Universal Resolvers 2 in the left column on this popup window. You must ensure that Enabled is actually ‘enabled’ (flip the switch to the right if it isn’t).
7. Click the option (Re)Authorise My Account.
8. Your screen will now show a popup. This popup contains a code.
Use any browser to go to real-debrid.com/device and authorize Real Debrid with this code.
9. Upon successful authorization, a notification appears at the top.
So, this post demonstrated how to install DaButcher Kodi Builds on any device. Which build did you install? Please feel free to share your experience through the comments section below.
Leave a Reply