This post will show you how to install Luxray Kodi Build. The instructions provided in the guide apply to Kodi installed on any device, such as FireStick, FireStick 4K & 4K Max, Fire TV Cube, Android TV Boxes, Android TVs, Google TV, Mobiles, PC, Raspberry Pi, and more.
What Is Luxray?
Luxray is a Kodi build from the Stream Digital Repository. There are two main objectives of any Kodi build.
First, change the appearance of Kodi and make it more user-friendly. Second, offer preinstalled addons so that you do not have to install them manually, one by one.
The Luxray build takes care of both. Therefore, I have added the build to our collection of best Kodi builds.
You will find many popular Kodi addons with this build, including The Crew, Magic Dragon, Patriot, and more.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 220.127.116.11 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Read: How to Install & Use the best VPN for Kodi.
Is Luxray Safe?
I have used this build on my FireStick and Android TV without any trouble. However, since it is an unofficial build, I cannot claim it is safe.
However, I ran the zip file of the Stream Digital repository through Virus Total, an online antivirus. The antivirus did not show anything suspicious about the file. Therefore, I am assuming that the Luxray Build is safe.
Here is the proof:
Is It Legal?
FireStickHow.com does not have the means to determine whether the build is legal. While there is no harm in installing a build and changing the appearance of Kodi with a new skin, the third-party addons from unverified sources that comes with the build may cross over legal boundaries.
These addons may fetch video streaming links from unauthorized sources. Streaming from these addons may land you in legal trouble.
I do not condone copyright violations. However, I do champion your privacy rights. Therefore, I recommend using ExpressVPN with the Luxray Kodi Build. A VPN hides your online identity and keeps your streaming activities away from onlookers.
How to Install Luxray Kodi Build
Luxray is a third-party Kodi build. Therefore, you will not find it in the official repository of the Kodi application. Instead, you will sideload it from an external source.
There are a bunch of extra instructions for third-party builds. Let’s break down the process into smaller pieces. It will make the instructions a lot easier to follow.
Here is what we are going to do today:
- Part 1: Allow Sideloading of Builds from Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Add the Source of the Build Repository
- Part 3: Download the Stream Digital Wizard
- Part 4: Install the Luxray Kodi Build from the Wizard
Not sure what it all means? I will keep explaining the process as we go along. Let’s get started now.
Part 1: Enable Sideloading on Kodi
Kodi comes with a security option that blocks the sideloading of addons and builds from external sources. However, this option can be easily tweaked to allow the installation. Here are the steps you will follow:
1. Go to the home screen of Kodi. Now, navigate to the top-left and open Settings (the gear icon).
2. On the window next, click the option System.
3. The following menu will appear. Select the Add-ons on the left. The other part of the window shows an option called Unknown Sources. It has a toggle. You must ensure that this toggle is turned ON (to the right).
4. To confirm your action, click Yes and save the changes.
You have successfully configured Kodi to allow sideloading.
Part 2: Add the Luxray Repository Source
In this part, we supply the source URL to Kodi. This way, Kodi will know where to download the repository from. Here are the instructions:
1. Go to the home screen again and click the Settings icon in the top-left part.
2. Open the option File manager on the following screen.
3. This window displays the option Add source twice (left and right). You can click any one of the two. Also, if you use Kodi on a computer, please double-click the option.
4. A new popup window appears. Locate and click <None>.
5. You may now enter the source path in the input box using the onscreen keyboard: http://sdwteam.com/wiz
Let’s recheck the path and ensure it is correct. Click OK.
Note: This URL is hosted by third-party developers. FireStickHow.com has no affiliation with the developers.
6. Kodi also wants you to enter the media source name. As you can see, the input field has a default name picked from the path you added above – wiz. To change the name, click the input box. However, you may choose to proceed without changing it.
7. Erase the default name and then type a new, custom name. I am naming it SD (an acronym for Stream Digital). Click OK.
8. The new name is visible on this window now.
9. Click OK to continue.
10. If you followed the steps correctly, you should see the source name on this screen.
You have added the repository source.
Part 3: Install the Stream Digital Wizard
Stream Digital Wizard is the addon from where you will install the Luxray Kodi build. This addon itself is available on the Stream Digital repository. Therefore, let’s first install the Stream Digital repository and then the Wizard. Here are the steps:
1. Click the Add-ons icon on the Settings window.
2. Open Install from zip file.
3. To confirm your intent, click Yes when prompted.
4. This popup window shows the media source name you provided earlier. It was SD for this guide. Click it!
5. The next screen displays the Stream Digital repo installation zip file repository.streamdigital.zip. Click this file to start installing the repository.
6. It won’t take long. Within moments, you see the notification saying that the repository addon was installed.
7. Now, we are going to click Install from repository on the same window.
8. Click the Stream Digital repository option on the next window.
9. Go ahead and click Program add-ons.
10. Next, click Stream Digital on this window.
11. When this dashboard appears, locate and click the Install button (lower-right).
12. Click OK to confirm the additional addons.
13. The Stream Digital Wizard will now download and then install. Kodi will display the progress.
14. After about a minute, you will see a notification in the top-right area of the screen. It confirms that the Wizard was installed successfully.
15. If you see a prompt like this, click Continue. There is no need to change any settings. Everything will get erased during installation.
16. Click Ignore on this prompt. I will show you how to open the build menu later in the guide.
17. You may see another prompt, like the following image. Click Dismiss or press the back button.
Part 4: Steps to Install Luxray Kodi Build
You are all set now. In the following steps, you will learn how to install the Luxray build from the Stream Digital Wizard:
1. Go to the home screen of your Kodi app and click Add-ons (the option in the left column).
2. Highlight Program add-ons using the navigation buttons. However, don’t click it. Next, click the Stream Digital icon.
3. Open the menu by clicking Builds on the next screen.
4. Locate and click Luxray on the following window.
5. On the following screen, click Install at the bottom.
6. To confirm your action and to continue, click Yes, Install on this prompt.
7. Wait for the Luxray installation files to download on your device. This may take a couple of minutes, depending upon the internet connection speed and load on the server.
8. When the download finishes, Kodi will install the Luxray build. This should not take more than a few seconds.
9. You may now click OK to finalize the installation by force-closing Kodi.
Wonderful! You have successfully installed the Luxray Build on Kodi.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 18.104.22.168 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 2: Download ExpressVPN on your device by clicking HERE
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
Overview of Luxray Kodi Build
Reopen the Kodi app to start the Luxray build. Remember, when you start a build for the first time, it will need a few minutes to get everything up and running. For example, the Luxray build will show the following prompt on the first run:
Allow it all the time it needs. Keep ignoring the popups. You may start using the build when the popups have stopped appearing.
Here is the image of the home screen of the Kodi app with the Luxray build. As you see, the interface has changed entirely from the point we started.
Luxray build follows the most common layout pattern. The home screen interface features a main menu bar. You will find the submenu bar below the main menu bar. The options in the submenu change when you switch the main menu option.
For example, I chose Movies from the main menu. The submenu shows related Kodi addons, such as The Crew, Venom, Patriot, and more.
As you can see in the image above, the build also lines up recommended content relevant to the menu selection.
The main menu includes several options for streaming, such as Movies, TV Shows, Documentaries, Horror, Stand Up Comedy, Kids, IPTV, and more.
The Luxray build features many popular addons, such as The Crew, Patriot, Magic Dragon, and more.
If you want to look at the complete list of preinstalled addons, follow these steps:
1. Click System in the main menu bar, followed by Add On Menu in the submenu.
2. Click My Add-ons on the following screen.
3. Here is the list of the addons.
How to Set Up Real Debrid with Luxray
Real Debrid is an optional service, but I highly recommend it. It will enhance your entertainment experience by offering tons of high-quality video streams.
Even though many preinstalled addons on the Luxray build scrape free streams, the free ones can never match the quality a premium link generator can provide.
Read: Detailed Guide on Real Debrid
If you have subscribed to Real Debrid, here is how you can configure it with Luxray Kodi build:
1. Click System in the main menu on the home screen.
2. Click System again on the next window.
3. Click Add-ons on the left and then open Manage dependencies on the right.
4. Next, scroll down and click the option ResolveURL.
5. Click Configure.
6. A popup appears. Click the Universal Resolvers 2 tab in the left column. Now, choose (Re)Authorize My Account.
7. Note down the code on this popup. Authorize Real-Debrid by going to real-debrid.com/device.
This post outlined how to install Luxray Kodi build. This build offers many preloaded addons. It also makes the appearance of Kodi more exciting. How do you feel about the build? Let us know through the comments section below.
Leave a Reply