This guide covers the detailed instructions to install Cinema APK on FireStick. The steps provided here can be used to install the app on Amazon FireStick 4K and Fire TV Cube as well.
Cinema HD a.k.a Cinema APK (formerly HDMovies) is one of the most viable solutions to watch free movies and shows on your FireStick. This app brings to you a whole library of content for your viewing delights. It has hundreds of flicks and episodes ready for streaming. The app employs the finest set of scrapers to scoop out high-quality streams from numerous servers all over the world. After Terrarium TV’s shutdown, Cinema APK has become the most popular streaming app.
It is not just about giving access to a huge collection of content; it is also about making sure you have easy access. The user-friendly and rather straightforward front of the app lets you quickly pick the content of your choice. It finds the streaming links and plays the chosen link almost instantly. It is completely adaptable to the TV screen, even though it was initially designed for Android touch devices. What’s even better is that it is one hundred percent compatible with your Amazon FireStick Remote.
Cinema HD APK offers some useful features, such as Real-Debrid and Trakt integration. This enhances your streaming experience. You can also add subtitles in multiple languages to most videos. If you want to watch high-quality content, Cinema APK for FireStick is a must-have app. It is also a part of our top apps for FireStick.
Note: For the best playback experience, I recommend installing MX Player on FireStick
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Your government and your ISP are probably constantly monitoring your streaming activities. You will likely get into serious legal trouble if you are caught streaming copyrighted videos on your FireStick.
Your IP address 2601:244:4880:6000:3cc5:c937:e14b:ee31 is exposed to anyone who is watching. That is how they will track you. Therefore, I strongly recommend getting a trusted VPN for FireStick right now and hiding your online identity.
I am using ExpressVPN on all my devices as it is the most reliable, most secure, and the fastest VPN in the market. You can easily install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick or any other device within minutes.
ExpressVPN offers you a 100% money-return guarantee for 30 days. Also, you can claim 3 months free and save 49% on its annual plans.
How to Install Cinema APK on FireStick
Cinema APK needs to be sideloaded onto your FireStick device. It is not available through Amazon Store. We are going to use two methods with two sideloading apps as follows:
- ES File Explorer
You could choose any one of the two ways to install Cinema APK on FireStick. You don’t need to follow all of them
You can’t install any third-party app on FireStick until you have enabled the security setting called Apps from Unknown Sources. Here is what you got to do:
1. Switch on your FireStick or Fire TV device. When the home-screen loads up, navigate to the top and select Settings
2. Now select and open the item My Fire TV
3. On the following window, click Developer Options
4. If Apps from Unknown Sources is disabled or OFF, turn it ON by clicking it
5. When prompted, click Turn on and confirm your intent to keep it turned on
When you have taken care of this part, you can follow one of the following installation methods to download Cinema APK on FireStick.
Method 1: Install Cinema APK on FireStick with Downloader
Downloader is probably the best sideloading tool for FireStick and all other Fire TV line of devices. It is lightweight and uncomplicated.
You need to install the Downloader app first. Here is how you do it from the Amazon Store:
- Go to the Search option by selecting the lens icon on the FireStick home-screen (top-left corner)
- Look up for the Downloader app
- Follow the onscreen instructions and install Downloader
When that’s taken care of, here is how you install Cinema APK on FireStick:
1. Select the Home tab on the left side of the Downloader app. Click the empty space designated for URL entry on the right
2. Using the onscreen keyboard, enter the following source URL: https://www.firestickhow.com/cinema
3. Cinema APK file will now begin to download. It may take some time depending upon the speed of your connection
4. When you see the following window, scroll down a bit where you see the Next button on the bottom right
5. Click Install when it appears in place of Next
6. Let the app install
7. When FireStick has finished installing Cinema APK, you should see the App installed You may run the app by clicking Open. You may click Done if you wish to go back to Downloader app and delete the APK file you just downloaded (recommended)
8. Click Delete
9. Click Delete again
You have successfully installed the Cinema APK app on FireStick with the help of Downloader app.
Wait! Before you start watching your favorite content on FireStick, make sure you have protected your online identity. Your streaming activities are likely being monitored and logged by your Government as well as your ISP. Free streaming of copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily avoid the surveillance and monitoring of your online activities and completely maintain your privacy. All you need to do is connect to a trusted and reliable VPN on FireStick. A VPN will hide your IP address and your online identity by encrypting your internet connection.
Please note that I am not encouraging you to violate any copyright laws. You should always watch the content available in the public domain. I am simply recommending the use of a VPN to maintain your privacy. You have every right to your privacy, which is being constantly breached these days.
I personally use ExpressVPN and have found it to be the fastest and most secure FireStick VPN. It is the most streaming-friendly VPN I have ever used. Therefore, I highly recommend getting ExpressVPN for FireStick.
Here is how you can quickly and easily get the ExpressVPN app on FireStick:
Step 1: Click HERE to subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy a 49% discount with 3 months of extended service. You are also eligible for a 30-day money-return guarantee
Step 2: Download and install ExpressVPN on FireStick
- Choose the Search option on the FireStick home screen in the top-left corner and search for ExpressVPN
- Click ExpressVPN icon on the following window. Click Download or Get on the next window
Step 3: Open ExpressVPN once you have downloaded it. Sign in with your account
Step 4: Choose a server and click the Connect/Power button
Put your mind at ease now! You have successfully secured your streaming activities with ExpressVPN.
Method 2: Cinema APK on FireStick using ES File Explorer
As I have said before, you need to use only one of the two methods. If you have already installed Cinema APK through Downloader app, you don’t have to follow this method.
ES File Explorer is one great app to have on your FireStick. It is not just a file manager but also a very effective side-loading utility. Use the search option on the FireStick home-screen to install ES File Explorer. Simply select the lens icon in the top-left corner and look up for ES File Explorer app.
After installing ES Explorer, follow the steps below:
1. On the left panel, click Tools and select Download manager. Or, simply click the Downloader icon on the right part of the window
2. Next, click the +New option on the bottom
3. This is the dialog box that you see next
4. Enter the URL https://www.firestickhow.com/cinema in the Path Type a name of your choice in the Name field. You may also choose to leave it blank
Click Download now
5. ES File Explorer will take about a minute or two to download the Cinema APK file on FireStick
6. When the download has finished, click Open file when prompted
7. Now click Install on this prompt
8. Scroll down to the bottom right on the next window. First, you will see the Next button, later it will change to Install. So, click Install.
9. Click Open if you would like to run Cinema APK right off this window. To open it later, click Done
You have successfully installed Cinema APK on FireStick using the ES File Explorer app.
How to Use Cinema APK on FireStick: A Quick Overview
You don’t need any special training to start using Cinema APK FireStick app. You will get familiar with it in almost no time. It is that straightforward. Yet, let me give you a quick rundown of the app.
When you open the app for the first time, you may run into some popups. For instance, if a newer version of the app is available, you should see the following prompt. I recommend clicking Install to install the new update. Updates only make the app better. You will simply need to follow the onscreen instructions to install the new version.
Next, you will see the Disclaimer pop-up. Click Accept. If you click Decline, you won’t be able to access the app.
Once you have gotten rid of all the pop-ups, this is how the home-screen of this app will look like:
Cinema APK lists TV Shows by default upon launch. If you want it to show Movies instead, you can change the defaults in the app Settings.
You may also click the hamburger menu in the upper-left corner and click Movies in the dropdown menu.
To access app settings, scroll down and click Settings in the dropdown menu.
Cinema APK lets you sort by categories/genres and filter by year. To sort by category, click the tiny inverted triangle on the top a little towards the right of the hamburger menu. Following are the categories to choose from:
To filter by year, go to the upper-right corner and click the filter icon. This is what you will see:
Cinema HD APK also has a search option on the top that lets you look up for content by keywords, such as the name of the movie, show, episode, director, artists, etc.
If you are looking for Real-Debrid or Trakt sign-in, you will want to go to the app Settings available through the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
Cinema APK is one of the best FireStick apps and if you are an online streamer, you must have it in your arsenal. There is a huge pool of content to explore and watch. New movies and episodes are regularly added to the inventory to make sure you never run out of streaming options. The interface is smooth and user-friendly. Go get this app.