This tutorial shows how to install CrewNique Kodi Build. The installation instructions apply to any Kodi device, including FireStick, Windows PC, macOS, Android TV, Android TV Box, Nvidia Shield, iOS, Android, and more.
What Is CrewNique?
CrewNique is a Kodi build from the Crew repository. This build has a user-friendly interface. It organizes the most commonly used categories in its main menu. You can explore categories like Movies, TV Shows, Sports, and more directly from the home screen.
The build also features a bunch of preinstalled Kodi addons. CrewNique uses these addons to display the recommended content on the home screen. It is a lightweight build suited for low-spec devices, such as FireStick.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 188.8.131.52 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Is CrewNique Safe?
The Kodi builds come from unofficial sources. Therefore, there is always a doubt about safety. However, I found nothing alarming after using the Crew Repo and the Crewnique build for a while.
I also ran the Crew Repo through the popular antivirus tool Virus Total. As shown in the image below, not even a single security vendor found anything malicious.
Therefore, despite being a third-party build, Crewnique appears safe to me. However, if you are still not sure, check the Crew Repo with your preferred antivirus software.
Is It Legal?
The build features many preloaded Kodi addons from third-party sources. These addons are known to retrieve video streams from various unverified websites and servers. Unfortunately, FireStickHow can’t check every video stream individually. Therefore, we cannot say whether the streams are legal or not.
I do not promote or encourage piracy. If you use one of the preloaded third-party addons, watch only the videos in the public domain. However, if you can’t distinguish between a legitimate and an unlicensed stream, you should always use ExpressVPN with the build to hide your streaming activities.
How to Install the Crewnique Kodi Build
The installation method of third-party Kodi Builds as Crewnique differs from the official addons. It also involves several additional steps. I am breaking down the installation method into multiple parts. This will help simplify things. Here is what you are going to do:
- Part 1: Prepare Kodi to sideload the Crewnique build
- Part 2: Add the source URL of the Crew repository
- Part 3: Install the Crew repository and the Crew Wizard
- Part 4: Install the Crewnique build from the Wizard
Don’t worry if it seems overwhelming. I will give a brief overview of each piece.
Part 1: Prepare Kodi to Sideload Crewnique Build
A Kodi security setting restricts sideloading of addons and builds. However, this setting can be tweaked to allow sideloading. Follow the steps below:
1. Open Kodi and click Settings when the home screen appears (it’s the gear icon highlighted in the image below).
2. Choose System on the next screen.
3. Please ensure you select Add-ons in the menu on the left. Go to the right part of the screen and click the Unknown Sources switch so that it turns ON.
4. To continue, click Yes when this message pops.
This is it! Kodi is now ready to install third-party builds.
Part 2: Add the Source URL of the Crew Repository
You will install the Crewnique build from an external source. In this section, we will tell Kodi where to get it from. Here are the steps:
1. Open the Settings menu again by clicking the gear button on the home screen.
2. On this screen, go ahead and open the File manager.
3. Locate and click Add source on the following screen. On Windows PC, you will double-click this option.
4. This is the window in which you will add the source path and the source name. Start by clicking <None>.
5. You should now see a window with an onscreen keyboard. Use the keyboard to type https://team-crew.github.io.
Click OK after ensuring you typed the URL correctly.
Note: This URL points to the source of the Crew Repository and the Crewnique Build. FireStickHow is not affiliated with the developers and those who host this URL.
6. When you are back on this window, click the empty input box.
7. Type Crew. This is the name I am choosing for the source we just added. However, you are free to use any other custom name. For instance, you may use The Crew or Crew Repo.
You will use this name later. So, make it memorable. Click OK.
8. You can see the source name when you are back on this window. Check if everything is correct. Click OK to add the source finally.
Great! You have successfully added the source from which you will install the Crew Repo in the following section.
Part 3: Install the Crew Repository and the Crew Wizard
You will now install the Crew Repository. Afterward, you will install the Crew Wizard from the Crew Repository. In the next section, you will download the Crewnique Kodi build from the Wizard.
Here is how it goes:
1. From the home screen of Kodi, navigate to Settings > Add-ons.
2. Click the option Install from zip file.
3. You will find the source name you provided in the last section. For instance, the following image shows Crew, the name I chose. Click the source name.
4. You should see a zip file on the next screen. This zip file will install the Crew Repo. So go ahead and click repository.thecrew. Don’t worry about the file version number if it is not the same on your Kodi screen.
5. The Crew Repo should take less than a minute to install. The confirmation of installation pops up in the top-right corner.
6. Click Install from repository on the same Kodi window.
7. Click The Crew Repo
8. Open the Program add-ons folder on the following screen.
9. Now, choose The Crew Wizard.
10. Click Install on the following dashboard.
11. Wait for Kodi to download and install the Crew Wizard. You can see the progress of the installation.
12. When the installation is complete, a notification appears in the top-right.
13. A popup usually appears within seconds of installation. Click Dismiss.
14. You may see this popup as well. Click Continue or press the back button.
15. Lastly, this prompt is displayed. If you click Build Menu on this prompt, you go to the build menu of the Crew Wizard and view the list of the available builds, including Crewnique. For now, I am clicking Ignore. I will access the build menu from the home screen of Kodi in the next section.
You have successfully installed The Crew Wizard.
Part 4: Install the Crewnique Kodi build from the Wizard
Follow the steps below to install the Crewnique build on Kodi:
1. Go back to the home screen and click Add-ons (in the menu on the left).
2. Next, highlight Program add-ons in the left column. Then, click The Crew Wizard on the right.
3. Open the Builds folder in the following window.
4. Here is the list of every build The Crew Wizard hosts. Scroll down and click CrewNique.
5. Click Fresh Install. I prefer Fresh Install over Standard Install. It will wipe Kodi clean and give you a fresh slate to install the build on. Standard Install retains some Kodi data which may interfere with the build later.
6. Click Continue to confirm you wish to reset Kodi before installing the build.
7. The download starts within a few seconds. Please wait for it to finish.
8. The installation will follow now. It should not take more than a few seconds.
You have successfully installed the CrewNique build on Kodi.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 184.108.40.206 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
Overview of Crewnique Kodi Build
Open the Kodi app again to load the CrewNique build. This is the first time you are launching the build. Therefore, you would want to give it a few minutes for the setup. During this time, the build will update the addons and configure everything.
When the build has loaded fully, you should see the following home screen (image below).
It has the main menu and submenu around the bottom of the screen. You can choose streaming categories in the main menu, including Movies, Sports, TV Shows, IPTV, Ghost, Purely Wrestling, Apps, and more.
The submenu options change with the category. The build also lines up the recommended titles for movies and TV shows. When you click a title, you can stream using one of the preinstalled addons.
Crewnique has only a handful of preinstalled addons. However, they cover all types of streaming, including films, series, live TV, sports, etc.
Go to Apps and click Video Add-ons in the submenu to see the list of preinstalled addons.
There aren’t many addons. If you want more, you can install the popular addons separately.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Crewnique Build
Even though the Crewnique addons fetch free video streams from the web, I recommend signing in with Real Debrid.
Real Debrid is a premium link aggregator. It will give you access to high-speed, reliable, and high-resolution streaming links. You will notice the difference in streaming experience with and without Real Debrid.
Follow our detailed guide on Real Debrid to learn how to buy a subscription and use it with Kodi and FireStick.
After signing up for an account, follow these steps:
1. Click System in the main menu.
2. Click System on the next screen.
3. Now, click Add-ons in the left column and Manage dependencies on the right.
4. Scroll down and click ResolveURL on the following window.
5. On this dashboard, click Configure on the left.
6. A popup window appears. Click the third tab from the top on the left, Resolvers 2 Universal Resolver.
7. Click (Re)Authorise My Account in the Real Debrid in the middle.
8. A popup displays the authorization code for Real Debrid. Use your mobile or PC browser to go to real-debrid.com/device.
Enter this code and sign in to your Real Debrid account. You will see the authorization notification on the Kodi window.
This is how you set up Real Debrid on the CrewNique build.
This post showed how to install Crewnique Kodi Build. This lightweight build does not offer many addons. Therefore, you may either install some addons separately or choose another build. Did you try Crewnique? Please share your feedback through the comments box below.