In this guide, I will share how to install The Crew Kodi addon on FireStick, Android TV Box, or any other Kodi-compatible device. This article will also cover the addon’s legal status, its short description, usage, etc.
What Is The Crew Kodi Addon?
The Crew is available on the Crew Repository. This is an all-in-one addon that provides customers with 24/7 entertainment. Sports, TV shows, and you name it, you can stream almost anything.
The creators of The Crew Kodi addon have made it super-friendly and easy to use. On the home screen of the addon, you’ll see various sections like TV shows, movies, etc. Then, inside those sections, there are related sub-folders where you’ll find further relevant content.
The Crew Kodi addon lets users stream their favorite latest TV series episodes, decade-old documentaries, and more for free. And to quickly access any streaming content, you can use the addon’s search feature.
All in all, The Crew add-on by The Crew Repo is one of the most reliable services in the game. With the add-on, you can redefine your entertainment experience without paying a penny.
Is The Crew Kodi Addon Safe?
The Crew addon by The Crew repository has served the Kodi community for a long time. And I personally have never found any user complaining about the addon in terms of safety and privacy.
However, as I haven’t looked at the underlying code, I can’t say that the addon is 100% safe. We at FSH don’t have the resources to check whether it’s safe. However, here’s a virus analysis report of THE CREW repository:
Is The Crew Kodi Addon Legal?
All third-party Kodi addons (including THE CREW addon) aren’t available on the official marketplace of Kodi add-ons. Although The Crew is one of the best addons, it’s not on Kodi’s official repo. And that’s because unknown developers create such add-ons without any regulation whatsoever.
The Crew brings everything you need to enjoy your weekends and chill. As a consumer, there’s nothing wrong with it. But as a provider, you have to check geo-restrictions & copyrights. Moreover, regulate thousands of things to provide access to one single episode legally.
Unfortunately, on The Crew Kodi addon, there’s no regulation party handling the content providing responsibility. The add-on pulls out free links from all over the internet to bring you your favorite content.
At FireStickHow.com, we don’t have sufficient resources to prove the legal status of the content on The Crew. So, I can’t indeed label it as legal or illegal.
So, I want you to take responsibility. Safely browse the Crew Kodi addon using a VPN like Express VPN.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but it's important to remember that streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble. Your IP address 188.8.131.52 is exposed to everyone. You should use a reliable Kodi VPN while streaming to protect yourself online. A VPN will keep your streaming activities private and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN out there. It's easy to install on any device, including Amazon FireStick. Plus, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and if you sign up for an annual plan, you get 3 extra months free.
Features of The Crew Kodi Addon
The Crew has the following features:
- Tons of free content in multiple easy-to-access folders
- You can connect services like Trakt, All Debrid, Real Debrid, etc.
- User-friendly interface with self-explanatory sections
How To Install The Crew Kodi Addon On FireStick
Finally, it’s about time! In this section, I will show how you can install the all-time favorite The Crew addon. And for the ease of my readers, I have divided this segment into three parts. Make sure to follow each part in the drafted order to avoid any problems during installation.
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources
In the first part, I will show how you can turn on unknown sources on your Kodi app. Without enabling the option, we won’t be able to install any third-party repo.
1. Turn on your Kodi app or go to its home page. Then, select the Settings Cog icon just below the Kodi logo on the top left side of your screen.
2. On the Settings page, select the System icon tile on the bottom right side of your screen.
3. On the System page, go to the Add-ons tab on the left-hand-side menu panel.
4. Then, turn on the Unknown Sources slider.
5. You’ll receive a Pop-Up Warning window. Read the message and click on the Yes button to continue.
Part 2: Install The Repository With The Crew Kodi Addon
We have successfully let Kodi access unknown sources (third-party repos and add-ons). Next up, to install The Crew addon on Kodi, we’ll have to load The Crew Repository.
1. Return to the Kodi Settings menu and select the File manager tile on the top left corner of your screen.
2. On the File Manager page, select Add source.
3. Add file source window will appear. Click on the <None> input box to enter the Crew repository URL.
4. Now, enter https://team-crew.github.io in the input box and click the OK button.
Note: My team and I at FSH don’t host the crew repository. We have just provided the official link of the repo so you can add it to your Kodi app.
5. Next, click on the Input Box under the Enter a name for this media source heading.
6. Now, enter a name for the crew repo. You can also set a custom name, but I recommend you set crew as the name. After that, click OK.
7. Press OK to save everything.
8. Return to the main menu System page and select the Add-ons tile.
9. On the Add-ons page, scroll down and select the Install from zip file option.
Note: A warning prompt will appear. Click Yes to proceed.
10. Install from zip file window will appear. From the list, select the name you have set for the Team Crew repository zip file. In my case, it’s crew.
11. Then, you’ll see the zip files/file of the Crew Kodi add-on repository. Select the First One or click OK.
12. The Crew addon repo will start downloading and installing. On success, a pop-up will appear.
Part 3: Install The Crew Kodi Addon
We are finally going to install the Crew addon using the repo we have loaded in the previous section.
1. On the same Add-ons tab main menu, select Install from repository.
2. On the next page, select THE CREW REPO.
3. Then, scroll down and select Video add-ons.
4. On the next page, you’ll see all the video addons available on the repo. Scroll down and select THE CREW.
5. THE CREW dashboard will open up. Select the Install icon on the bottom right side of your screen.
6. Another pop-up window will appear, asking you to install extra add-ons. Click OK.
7. Wait for the Kodi app to download the files to install the Crew Kodi addon.
Then, wait for a few seconds to let the app install the dependencies of the add-on.
8. And lastly, you’ll receive a notification – The Crew Add-on installed successfully.
It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content. However, do not forget that all your streaming activities and online identity are unprotected and exposed to your Government and your ISP. In addition, streaming with third-party services may cause legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily protect yourself and go invisible from your Government and ISP by using a VPN. Whenever I stream with Kodi, I always connect to ExpressVPN and recommend the same to you.
ExpressVPN is the fastest and the most streaming-friendly VPN. It is also the most secure VPN.
With ExpressVPN, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee as well. So if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you will get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. We do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 2: Download ExpressVPN on your device by clicking HERE
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
How To Use The Crew Kodi Addon
I’ll walk you through the Crew add-on. So let’s see how you can stream movies, watch stand-up comedy, and more using the addon.
Go to the Add-ons tab on the Home’s Left-Hand-Side Menu. Then, launch The Crew.
After that, you’ll land on the home page of the add-on. It consists of 12 sections:
- TV shows
- 1 Clicks
- CC Collections
- Stand Up Comedy
- Additional Addons
To watch movies, select the Movies section.
Inside, you’ll find tons of categories like Trending, Most Popular, Box Sets, Box Office, etc. And inside the folders, you’ll find relevant content. Let’s explore New Movies.
Inside, I see a list of 26 new movies.
Select a title and wait for the Crew add-on to scrap links. After a few seconds, you’ll see the links to stream the title. Pick one and let it load to play your desired content.
Next up, to stream TV series, select the TV Shows section.
Inside, once again, you’ll come across various categories. You can select one as I did and explore the content inside it.
To watch sports events, select the Sports section.
You’ll see a long list of all types of sports. Select any category to catch up with the upcoming or live events.
The Crew add-on also lets you watch internet protocol television. To do that, select IPTV on the home page.
Again, you’ll see some categories; select anyone to access hundreds of free TV channels.
Lastly, to search for specific content, select Search. Then, select a sub-option like Movies, TV Shows, People – Movies, or People – TV Shows according to your search term. After that, click New search…, enter search terms and click OK. You’ll see all the results that match your query.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with The Crew
Connecting your Real Debrid account with The Crew allows you to enjoy premium links to movies and shows. Click here to learn more about Real Debrid.
1. Open The Crew Tools.
2. Click RESOLVEURL: SETTINGS.
3. Click Universal Resolvers 2.
4. Select (Re)Authorise My Account.
5. Go to https://real-debrid.com/device on your PC/phone via a web browser. Then, enter the code on Real Debrid’s website that you see on your Kodi app. After that, follow the on-screen steps to complete the integration.
6. Wait for the message from The Crew – ResolveURL Real-Debrid Resolver Authorised.
How to Integrate Trakt with The Crew
You can also sync your watch history on The Crew to your other devices using Trakt. Here are the steps to connect Trakt with The Crew:
Note: We have a complete guide on how to set up and use Trakt. You can learn more about it here.
1. Open the Tools section of The Crew
2. Select TRAKT: AUTHORIZE.
3. On your PC/phone, visit https://trakt.tv/activate. Then, copy The Crew’s Trakt code and enter it on the Trakt website. To finish the setup, follow Trakt’s website instructions.
4. Finally, you’ll land on The Crew’s Trakt page. Under the Account Information, you can see your Trakt Username.
FireStick, PC, Android, Mac, and you name it, The Crew addon is available on any Kodi-eligible device. You can use The Crew to watch free movies, popular TV shows, live channels, and more.
So what are you waiting for? Learn how to install The Crew Kodi addon on FireStick and other platforms to delve into the ocean of entertainment.