This guide contains instructions about how to install Umbrella Kodi addon on Kodi 19 and 20. It also touches on the legal and safety status of the addon. You can use the instructions for all Kodi-supported devices, including FireStick, Fire TV, mobiles, PCs, and more.
What is Umbrella Kodi Addon?
Umbrella is an unofficial addon from the Umbrella repository. It contains movies and series from various genres. The best thing about the Umbrella addon is its extensive movie list and high-quality streaming links. Additionally, the addon is easy to navigate and use.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 184.108.40.206 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Is Umbrella Safe?
The Umbrella addon is not from the official Kodi repository. Therefore, its safety status is in question. That said, FireStickHow cannot verify the safety of the addon. Therefore, I recommend you exercise caution while using unofficial Kodi addons.
Although I can’t give a clean chit to the addon, I’ve made the decision easy for you. Below is the result of running the repository’s URL on VirusTotal. As you can see, none of the vendors have detected any malicious activity.
Is Umbrella Legal?
Claiming the legal status of third-party addons is difficult. Even addons from well-reputed unofficial repositories may contain pirated or copyrighted content.
Therefore, always pair an unofficial addon with a reliable and safe VPN service to be on the safe side. For example, ExpressVPN is a trustworthy and fast VPN service that allows you to stream content on the Umbrella addon safely.
Features of Umbrella Addon
A few of the fantastic features of Umbrella are:
- High-quality streaming links.
- It contains a good variety of TV Shows and Movies.
- Simple to navigate interface with well-categorized sections.
- It Allows premium sources, including Trakt, Real Debrid, Premiumize, and more.
Installing Umbrella Kodi Addon
Below is the three-part installation guide for Umbrella. The parts are titled:
- Part 1: Turn on Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install Umbrella Repository
- Part 3: Install Umbrella Kodi Addon
Although I’ve streamlined the process into categories, the steps are elaborate and may take some time. So, brace up your tech knowledge and follow the step-by-step guide to get it done easily.
Part 1: Turn on Unknown Sources
Kodi disables the Unknown Sources feature by default to ensure privacy and security. It prevents you from downloading repositories and addons from unofficial sources. And since the Umbrella addon is from a third party, Kodi won’t allow you to install it.
Hence, the first part of the guide is about enabling third-party downloads on Kodi. For that, you must toggle on the Unknown Sources features. Use the easy steps below:
1. Access the home screen of Kodi. Then, scroll and press the Cog icon on the top.
2. Move through the settings menu and click the System icon.
3. First, scroll down and select the Add-ons tab from the left side menu.
4. Then navigate to Unknown Sources and toggle it on.
5. You will get a Privacy Warning alert. Press Yes.
6. Next, select Update official add-ons from.
7. Change the settings from Official repositories to Any repositories.
Kodi is ready to accept third-party repositories and addons. First, however, you must ensure that the stuff you’re downloading doesn’t contain malicious content. Afterward, when the installation is complete, turn off unknown sources to protect your device’s privacy and security.
Part 2: Install The Umbrella Repository
The Umbrella addon is hosted by third-party repo called the Umbrella repository. Hence, the second entails the steps to getting the Umbrella repository on Kodi. Follow these steps:
1. On the home screen, press the Gear icon to load the settings menu.
2. Select the File Manager icon under the System menu.
3. Scroll and press the Add source tab on the menu located on the left.
4. The Add file source menu will pop up. Select the tab titled <None> to enter the media URL.
5. Enter https://umbrellaplug.github.io in the tab and select OK.
Note: FireStickHow doesn’t host this URL and isn’t linked with the developers of the repository.
6. Now, click the text box for the media source name, as highlighted in the image below.
7. You need to name the file source. Keep the name simple and memorable. For example, I am typing umbrella in the name tab. Once done, select OK.
8. Review the entered details and hit OK.
9. The umbrella file source will be visible beside the Add source menu.
10. Next, return to System and press the Add-ons button.
11. Move down the list and press Install from zip file.
12. Select umbrella on the popup (or the name you chose for the file source).
13. Press the repository.umbrella-x.x.x.zip tab.
14. The Umbrella Repository will start to download. Once the process is complete, you’ll get the Add-on installed notification.
The Umbrella repository is now available on Kodi.
Part 3: How to Install Umbrella Addon
With this, I’ve reached the last part of the three-part installation guide. This section is all about getting the Umbrella addon via the Umbrella repository. The process is pretty simple; here’s how you do it:
1. Inside Add-ons, press the Install from repository button.
2. Scroll down the list and press the Umbrella Repository as the source.
3. Click Video add-ons.
4. Select the Umbrella addon from the list of available addons.
5. The dashboard of the Umbrella addon will load. Swipe through it and press the Install button.
6. You will see a list of the additional addons that will be downloaded. Press OK to proceed.
7. The Umbrella addon will start to download. You can view the download status beside the addon.
8. You’ll get the Umbrella Add-on installed notification after the process.
This is how you install the Umbrella Kodi Addon.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 220.127.116.11 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
How to Use Umbrella Kodi Addon
Now that you have the Umbrella addon, the hard part of the process is done. The addon offers content across various genres for entertainment lovers. Additionally, it’s easy to navigate and use. Let’s explore a brief overview of Umbrella.
First, select the Add-ons category from the home page.
Then, launch the addon by selecting the Umbrella addon icon via the Video add-ons tab.
The addon will start to load.
The main page of Umbrella will appear first. It is divided into various categories, which are (image below):
Let’s review some of the categories. First, select the Discover Movies section.
The section is divided into categories like In Theatres, Now Playing, Coming Soon, and more. First, let’s explore Now Playing.
The list of new movies available for streaming will pop up.
Next, return to the main page and press the Discover TV Shows button.
The menu is subdivided into sections like Most Popular, Popular, Most Voted, and more. You can review each section at your own pace.
Now, select the YouTube Videos menu.
It will display content in YouTube videos. Again, the content is divided into categories like Concert and Music Videos, Sports, History Channel, and more to make it accessible.
Next, choose the Search tab.
It allows you to search Movies and Shows in different categories.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Umbrella
Integrating Real Debrid with Umbrella will allow the streaming of high-quality video links and prevent buffering. In addition, it will enhance your viewing experience on the app. So, if you have a subscription to Real Debrid, here’s how you can connect your account to Umbrella.
1. On the Umbrella home page, select the Premium Services tab.
2. Navigate and select Real-Debrid.
3. Now, press the Please setup in the Accounts tab.
4. Press Authorization in the Accounts section of the Umbrella addon Settings.
5. To authorize Real-Debrid, you must follow the on-screen instructions. First, open https://real-debrid.com/device in a browser. Then, put in the code that’s displayed on the screen.
6. you’ll get an ‘Umbrella Real Debrid Authorized’ notification when you complete the process.
You can now enjoy added viewing experience on the Umbrella addon.
How to Integrate Trakt with Umbrella
Using Trakt on Umbrella addon is optional but a great way to store and organize your viewing list. It will also help you sync your viewed content across various devices. So, if you have a free Trakt account, follow these steps to integrate it with the Umbrella addon.
1. Select the Tools menu from the Umbrella home page.
2. Scroll and choose the SETTINGS: Trakt button.
3. Press the Authorization tab.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the authorization. For that, open https://trakt.tv/activate in a browser on a computer or mobile. Then, enter the code when prompted.
5. You will receive an Umbrella Trakt Authorized Successfully alert.
This tutorial was about how to install Umbrella Kodi addon. Although the addon contains decent content, the option to integrate Real Debrid and Trakt will surely improve your streaming experience. Installing Umbrella is a comprehensive process, but the extensive content makes up for it.