In this article, I will show you how to install the METV Kodi Addon on any device. This addon works on FireStick and all other Kodi devices, including Computers, Mobiles, and more.
What is METV Addon?
METV Kodi addon is a multipurpose addon to stream free movies and TV shows on their FireStick via the Kodi app.
It has a massive catalog of content, including movies and shows. It is easy to install, and you can use it as a free streaming option on any Fire TV device and other Kodi-supported devices.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 2603:9001:957f:ff0f:a9b4:8884:468e:7553 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Read: How to Install & Use the best VPN for Kodi.
Is METV Safe?
I have scanned the EzzerMacs Repository (from which METV is installed) with Virus Total. Virus Total is one of the most popular online antivirus tools. The antivirus did not find any problem with the repository. Here’s the proof:
Is it Legal?
METV is not available in the official Kodi addon repository. So when you decide to stream via METV, you are entering a legal grey area. Whether you are breaking the law depends entirely on the content you are watching and the site from where you are streaming it.
METV uses the latest link scraping technology to accumulate content from all over the internet. If the links they provide do not hold proper copyright licenses, you will be legally in the wrong. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to check the authenticity of a link before you play it. But do not worry. I got you covered.
When using the METV addon, make sure you use a reliable VPN service to mask your online identity. This will help you stay protected from malicious online entities and hide your activities from your ISP (internet service provider) and the authorities. I have been using ExpressVPN for quite some time, and it is something I would recommend.
How to Install METV Kodi Addon
Let us start with the METV Kodi addon installation process on your FireStick. I have broken down the entire process into three easy steps. We are now going to start with the first step of the installation process of the METV addon on FireStick.
Part 1: Allow Unknown sources in the Kodi app
In this part, I will show you the steps to disable the security setting on your Kodi that does not let you install third-party addons. Let me give you the steps to do so quickly.
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Select the Settings option on the top left side of the screen. You will find it just under the logo of Kodi.
3. In the settings menu at the bottom right, you will find an option called System. Select that option.
4. On the next screen, scroll down to the Add-ons tab.
5. From the Add-ons menu, toggle and turn on the Unknown sources option.
6. You will be shown a popup message on the screen. This will be a warning message on whether you want to enable the installation of addons from unknown sources. Select Yes.
You have completed the first part and enabled the permission on your Kodi app. Now we will move on to the second part of the process.
Part 2: Install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository
Now that the installation from unknown sources is enabled, we can install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository without hassle. This repository contains the METV addon. So, let me show you the steps to install the EzzerMacs Wizard Repository.
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Select Settings from the top left-hand side of the screen just below the Kodi logo.
3. From the Settings menu, select File Manager.
4. Now, on both sides of the screen, you will see the Add Source option. Please select any one of them.
5. Now, you will have to fill out a window. On the first part, select <None>.
6. You will see a virtual keyboard appear. With that keyboard, enter the URL: http://ezzer-mac.com/repo/
Note: This URL belongs to the developers of the EzzerMacs Repository and the METV addon. FireStickHow is not associated with the developers.
7. Then select the Enter a name for this media source option. Then type in the name Ezzer. When you are done, select OK.
8. Then select OK again to confirm the source.
9. Go to the Kodi Settings again and click Add-ons.
10. Choose the install from zip file option.
11. You will see a list of options. Select Ezzer.
12. On the next screen, select repository.EzzerMacsWizard.zip and then click Ok.
13. Wait for a few seconds for the addon to be downloaded. Once done, you will get an addon installed notification on your FireStick.
We have successfully installed the repository. Now we will move on to the part where we install the METV Kodi addon on your FireStick.
Part 3: Install the METV Kodi addon
Now that we have the repository installed, we can finally begin the installation process for the METV Kodi addon. I will now give you the step-by-step guide to installing the METV Kodi addon on your FireStick.
1. Launch Kodi.
2. Then go to the Add-ons section. Now on the right side of the screen, you will find an option called Install from repository. Select that option.
3. On the next screen, you must choose the repository from which you want the addon installed. So select EzzerMacs Wizard Repository.
4. Now, you will be presented with a list of different types of addons. From that list, select Video Add-ons.
5. A list of all the video addons available in the repository will open up. Scroll and find the METV addon and select it.
6. On the bottom right, you will see an Install option. Select that option.
7. A popup will appear with a list of additional addons needed for the smooth functioning of the METV addon. Select Ok.
8. Now, wait while the addon is being installed. Once done, you will receive a notification that the METV addon has been installed.
You have completed the process to install the METV addon on your FireStick!
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 2603:9001:957f:ff0f:a9b4:8884:468e:7553 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 2: Download ExpressVPN on your device by clicking HERE
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
METV Addon Overview
Now go back to your Kodi’s home screen and the Add-ons tab. On the right side, under Video addons, you will see the METV addon.
Now that you have installed the METV addon, let me tell you about the basics of the addon. When you launch the addon, you will be taken straight to the home screen of the addon. The layout of the app is simple and pretty easy to understand. First, there is going to be a list of folders on the home screen, as you see in the image below:
You can easily integrate Real Debrid with METV. Get a Real Debrid account if you don’t have one, or learn more about Real Debrid.
Here are the steps:
1. On the addon home screen, keep pressing the left navigation button until you see a popup menu. Click Add-on Settings
2. Click Debrid on the left.
3. Please ensure Enable Debrid Service is switched ON.
4. Check if Real-Debrid is selected in the Choose debrid service option.
5. Click Re-auth Real-Debrid.
6. A code appears on your Kodi screen. Use any browser to access real-debrid.com/device to authorize METV with this code.
7. When the authorization is complete, METV OK notification appears in the top-right corner.
This post demonstrated how to install METV Kodi addon. How do you like this addon? Let me know in the comments box below.
Leave a Reply