This guide provides steps to install Magnetic Wizard builds on Kodi. The instructions enclosed here work on any device capable of running Kodi. Therefore, you can install Magnetic builds on FireStick (almost all versions), Fire TV Cube (all versions), Android TV (Mi TV, Nvidia Shield, Google TV with Chromecast, etc.), Mobiles (iOS & Android), Linux, Windows, Mac, and more.
What is Magnetic Wizard?
Magnetic Wizard is a utility addon and a collection of a bunch of handy Kodi builds. You can install this addon from the Magnetic Repository. It is an unofficial repository from an external source.
You can install a Magnetic Wizard build to change the interface of the Kodi app. You will find the new interface more user-friendly.
Besides changing the interface, the builds also pack a handful of preinstalled Kodi addons.
While Magnetic Wizard is not the most popular collection of builds, it is still worth a shot if you want to try something new.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 126.96.36.199 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Is Magnetic Wizard Safe?
The Magnetic Repository from which you will install the Wizard is an unofficial repository. Hence, I am reluctant to say that it is completely safe.
However, scanning the repository with antivirus showed that it was clean. No viruses or suspicious flags were found. You can see the scan result in the screenshot below:
Moreover, I have installed a Magnetic build on my device, and there are no signs of trouble. So, I am assuming that the Magnetic Wizard is safe.
Is it Legal?
While you can check an addon or repository for safety by scanning it with an antivirus, there is no test for legality. The Magnetic Wizard builds deploy multiple addons from unofficial sources. These streaming addons search the internet for video links when you request streaming. The links are sourced from multiple providers. Most of the providers are unverified or unknown.
Therefore, FireStickHow.com can’t ascertain whether streaming through the builds is legal or not.
To avoid legal problems, I advise you to watch only those videos you know are now in the public domain. However, it’s not always easy to make the distinction. If you are uncertain, I recommend going with ExpressVPN. This VPN will instantly encrypt your video streaming requests and hide your online activities from everyone.
How to Install Magnetic Wizard Kodi Builds?
I have already mentioned that the Magnetic Wizard is from an unofficial repository. Therefore, to install the Wizard and its builds, you will go through a number of additional steps. However, it won’t be complicated because I am dividing the steps into more manageable parts. So, let’s get rolling now!
Part 1: Enable Installation of Magnetic Wizard and Add the Repo Source
In this section, we will take care of two critical aspects of the process – tweaking a Kodi setting to allow sideloading of the Magnetic builds and adding the Magnetic repo source. Here are the steps:
1. First of all, open the Kodi Settings menu. You can do that by clicking the cogwheel button on the home screen (top-left).
2. On this page, click System.
3. Select the Add-ons option on the left. On the right, check Unknown Sources. If it is greyed out or disabled, click and flip the switch to enable it.
4. To keep it enabled, click Yes on this prompt.
5. You have allowed sideloading of the Magnetic Wizard builds. Next, press the back button and return to the Settings page. Click File manager.
6. Click the Add source option on any one side of the next window. You may need to click it twice on some computers.
7. A popup window shows up. Click <None>.
8. Type the location of the Magnetic Repo source in the input box on the next screen http://magnetic.website/repo
Please recheck the path to ensure there aren’t any typos. Click OK when you are ready.
Disclaimer: FireStickHow.com is not connected/affiliated with the individuals or entities who own the above URL or the developers of the Magnetic Repository.
9. The media source name is currently repo. It’s a very generic name. Let’s change it to something relevant to the source. Click the box highlighted in the image below.
10. Delete the existing name repo and type the name Magnetic (or any different name you want). Click OK.
11. As you can see, the source name Magnetic has replaced the old name.
12. Click OK to save the source.
13. The source name should also appear on this window if everything goes as planned.
That’s all about enabling sideloading and adding the Magnetic repository source.
Part 2: Install the Magnetic Repository and Magnetic Wizard
Magnetic Wizard is the addon that features the builds we want to install. Magnetic Repository is the place from where you will install the Wizard. So, let’s get the Repository first.
1. Head back to the Kodi Settings from the home screen and open the folder Add-ons.
2. Click the option Install from zip file.
3. Go ahead and Click Yes if this popup appears (you won’t see it on Kodi 20 Nexus).
4. The next popup window displays the repo source name Magnetic or any other name you typed. Go ahead and click it!
5. Click the zip file on the following screen repostiory.Magnetic.zip (you may see a different version).
6. Wait a few moments while the Magnetic Repo is getting installed. Shortly, a notification appears in the top-right corner of the screen.
7. After installing the repository, we install the Wizard. Next, open the option Install from repository.
8. Click Magnetic Repo on the next screen.
9. Open Program add-ons on this window.
10. Click the option Magnetic Wizard 19.
11. On the following dashboard, click Install.
12. You may follow the installation progress on the screen. When it’s done, a notification is displayed in the top-right part of the screen. It confirms that the Wizard installation was complete.
13. You should see this popup within a few seconds. Select the items you want to keep while installing the Magnetic build. But if you are resetting Kodi during the installation of the build, you don’t need to choose anything here.
14. Click Close to remove this popup window.
15. Click NO for now on this prompt. You may click Yes too. However, I will show you how to install a build in the next part.
Part 3: Steps to Install Magnetic Wizard Kodi Builds
Follow the steps below:
1. After installing the Wizard, click it on this screen.
2. Click Open to launch the Wizard.
3. Alternatively, get back to the Kodi main screen. Highlight or hover over Add-ons on the left. Scroll down to Program add-ons on the right and then open Magnetic Wizard 19.
4. Click the option Build Menu on the next screen.
5. Here’s the catalog of the Magnetic Wizard builds. You may pick any one of them. I am using the Magnetic Build for demonstration.
6. Next, press Continue to confirm the installation.
7. If you want to reset Kodi before installing the new build, choose the option Fresh Start. Resetting is recommended as it ensures the smooth functioning of the new build. However, if you want to retain any data, click NO.
8. In case you are going with Fresh Start, you must confirm again by clicking Fresh Start on the following prompt.
9. Wait for a few seconds. The Wizard is resetting the Kodi app.
10. Wait for the download.
11. The Wizard is now installing the Magnetic build. Give it some time.
12. Next, click OK on this prompt and force-close Kodi to finalize the installation of the Magnetic Wizard build.
That’s it! The Magnetic Build on Kodi has been installed.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 188.8.131.52 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
Overview of the Magnetic Wizard Kodi Build
I will give you a quick overview of the build I picked from the menu – Magnetic Build. However, even if you installed any other build, go through this rundown, as all builds are more or less the same in form and function.
You would like to give the build a few minutes on its first run. The build will display a few notifications and some prompts initially. That’s because it updates addons, skins, and settings and prepares everything.
When the build is ready, the Kodi main window will load. As you can see, no vertical menu is on the home screen anymore. Instead, there is a combination of the main menu bar and the submenu bar.
You can select options like Movies, Series, and other streaming categories in the main menu. In addition, you can choose the contextual items that change with the main menu in the submenu.
Magnetic is a lightweight build with a minimal interface. Therefore, it does not display any recommended videos or addons on the home screen. As a result, it is perfect for low-end devices, such as FireStick.
The build lets you explore and stream movies and shows through preinstalled addons. You can find all the addons by first going to System > Add-on browser.
Next, open My add-ons.
Pick Video add-ons next.
Here is the list of the video add-ons for streaming. Unlike other builds with tons of addons, Magnetic keeps things light with only a handful. As I write this guide, the build features only three unofficial addons, all from the Magnetic Repo – Nightwing, Mad Titan Sports, and Shadow.
If you want more addons, you can install them separately.
How to Get Real Debrid with Magnetic Wizard Kodi Builds
Since there are only a handful of Kodi addons, your streaming options are limited. Therefore, it would be a good idea to integrate Real Debrid with the build to use best what is available.
Real Debrid or RD will ensure you have high-quality streaming links for movies, series, and other on-demand content. It costs less than $5 a month. You can buy the subscription at https://real-debrid/premium.
To configure it with the Magnetic build, follow these steps:
1. From the main screen of the build, go to System > Settings.
2. Click System on the following screen on the left.
3. Click Add-ons in the menu on the left and then click Manage dependencies, as highlighted in the following image.
4. Scroll down and then click ResolveURL.
5. Click Configure on this dashboard on the left.
6. Choose the third tab – Universal Resolvers 2. Then, enable Enabled if it is disabled.
7. Click (Re)Authorize My Account on the same window.
8. Go to real-debrid.com/device and type the code on your Kodi screen to authorize RD on the Magnetic Kodi build.
This is how you enable Real Debrid on Magnetic Wizard Kodi Build.
Enable Trakt on Magnetic Build
If you have a Trakt account, I recommend setting it up with the build.
However, you cannot set up Trakt globally within the build like Real Debrid. You must configure it with each addon individually. Follow the steps below to authorize Trakt with Nightwing (one of the preinstalled addons):
1. Go to your addons list (steps provided in the overview section) and click Nightwing.
2. Click Configure on the next window.
3. Select the Trakt tab at the top. Then, click Authorize.
4. Go to trakt.tv/activate and type the code on your screen to authorize.
So, this is how you install Magnetic Wizard Builds on Kodi. This Wizard has a limited collection of builds. However, if you want minimal, lightweight builds, you would like to explore this Wizard. Let me know how you like the build using the comments box below.