In this article, I will explain how to install Black Lightning Kodi Addon on Kodi-compatible devices, including Amazon FireStick, Android TV Boxes, Nvidia Shield, and Smartphones.
What Is Black Lightning Kodi Addon?
Kodi Black Lightning Kodi addon offers a ton of movies and TV shows. Best of all, the content costs nothing. Yes, you read it right. No subscription fees or cable charges.
Black Lighting Kodi is not available on the official Kodi repository. Instead, it is a part of cMaN’s Wizard Repository.
Black Lightning is one of the best addons for Kodi for on-demand content.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 126.96.36.199 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Is Black Lightning Addon Safe?
Black Lightning is part of a reputed repo, the cMaN’s Repository. That said, it is still a third-party addon. Personally, I haven’t faced any issues while using the Black Lightning addon.
Just to be sure, I scanned the repository with Virus Total. As you can see, none of the 68 security vendors have flagged the cMaN’s repository.
That said, at FireStickHow.com, we can’t label it as a completely safe repo. That’s because we don’t have the relevant expertise and authority.
Is Black Lightning Addon Legal?
Typically, third-party addons like Black Lightning don’t have to follow regulations and guidelines. Instead, they collect links from the internet. And displays it in one place.
So, some content might be publicly available and legally free. On the flip side, the addon might scrape unlicensed links.
At www.FireStickHow.com, we lack the resources to ensure all the content is licensed. Thus we are not in a position to label it as legal or illegal.
The best way forward is to get ExpressVPN and hide all your streaming activities.
How to Install Black Lightning Kodi Addon
All third-party addons require extra effort for installation. To install Black Lightning on Kodi, you need to:
- Enable Unknown Sources
- Install cMaN’s Wizard Repository
- Load Black Lightning Kodi addon
Part 1 – Enable Unknown Sources
Firstly we have to enable Unknown Sources in Kodi. The setting will let you install third-party addons unavailable in the Kodi repository.
1. Click the Settings (cog-shaped) icon in the top left corner.
2. Select System from the Kodi menu.
3. Click on the Add-ons tab on the left menu. Turn on the toggle for Unknown sources.
4. Kodi will promptly warn you about the risks involved. Go ahead and click Yes.
Unknown Sources is now toggled on. In other words, you can install addons from any source.
Part 2 – Install cMaN’s Wizard Repository
Next, let’s install the cMaN’s Wizard Repository.
1. Open Kodi Settings.
2. This time around, select File manager.
3. Click Add source. (From either side of the menu.)
4. Select <None> from the Add file source pop-up window.
5. Now, you need to enter the media location path. Type the URL- http://cmanbuilds.com/repo/ on the location box and click OK. Please make sure there is no typo whatsoever. If you get an error, then check the URL.
Disclaimer: FireStickHow.com is not affiliated with those who host this URL or the developers of the Black Lightning Addon or the cMaN’s Repository.
6. Add a name by clicking the repo button. Then, replace the default name with anything. For example, I have named it cman. Once done, click on OK.
7. Go back to the main menu and open Add-ons.
8. Select Install from zip file from the list of options.
9. If you get a warning prompt, click Yes.
Note: Kodi 20 Nexus users won’t receive it.
10. You can see a list of media sources. Select cman from the list. If you have given another name, then choose the same.
11. Click on repository.cMaNWizard-1.0.6.zip.
12. A notification will appear indicating add-on is successfully installed.
Part 3 – Load Black Lightning Kodi addon
Finally, here’s how to install Black Lightning via the cMaN’s Wizard Repository:
1. Click on Addons and choose Install from the repository.
2. Scroll down and click cMaN’s Wizard Repository.
3. Select Video add-ons from the menu.
4. Scroll down and select Black Lightning.
5. Select Install.
6. Click OK to let additional load addons alongside Black Lightning.
7. The installation process takes some time. Once done, you will see a notification in the top right corner.
This is how you install the Black Lightning addon on Kodi.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 188.8.131.52 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
Overview of Black Lightning Kodi Addon
Click Add-ons from Kod home screen.
From Video add-ons, select Black Lightning.
Black Lightning features sections like Movies, TV Shows, Trakt, Search, and Settings.
To watch films, open Movies.
Inside are 16 sections like 1Click, Theaters, Popular Movies, Genre, Years, etc.
Next, we have TV Shows.
This Black Lightning section contains 11 sub-folders like Popular, On The Air, New Tv Shows, and more.
You can also explore Black Lightning’s Trakt tab.
Here, you can discover Trakt’s Movie Lists, Tv Lists, Progress, etc.
To find a movie or TV Show, select Search.
Now, you can enter your Search term and click OK to find related content.
How to Integrate Real Debrid with Black Lightning Kodi Addon
Real Debrid is a subscription service that offers additional file hosters to users. It helps eliminate buffering and content downscaling. You will be able to enjoy seamless content without worrying about anything.
Follow the steps below to integrate Real Debrid with Black Lightning. Before doing so, ensure you have signed up for a Real Debrid subscription.
1. Select Settings.
2. From the left menu, select Debrid.
3. Select Re-auth Real-Debrid.
4. A notification will appear.
5. You will not get a unique authorization code on the screen. Note it down.
Open https://real-debrid.com/device on a laptop, smartphone, or desktop device. Enter the authorization code from the earlier screen. Click Continue.
Use Real Debrid’s official instructions to complete the setup.
6. You are now logged into the Real Debrid service.
How to Connect Trakt with Black Lightning Kodi Addon
Trakt is a useful service that syncs your watch history across multiple devices. To connect Trakt with Black Lightning, use the steps below:
1. Choose Settings.
2. Go to Trakt.
3. Select *** Sync track to DB ***.
4. Click Yes.
5. Press Yes.
6. Visit trakt.tv/activate on your smart device. Then, enter the code and use Trakt’s instructions to finish the setup.
7. Click Sync to commit changes.
Is Black Lightning Addon Legal?
Black Lightning in itself is not illegal. However, we can’t determine individual content’s source and licensing status. If the content is copyright free, then you shouldn’t be worried. Lastly, the end-user is responsible for the content that they consume.
How do I install Black Lightning on Kodi?
Follow the steps detailed above to install Black Lightning on Kodi.
Can the Black Lightning Kodi addon be installed on FireStick?
Yes, you can install Black Lightning on any device that supports Kodi. I have shown how you can install the addon on FireStick. The steps mostly remain the same for all devices. If in doubt, refer to the screenshots above.
Moreover, the Black Lightning Kodi addon can be installed on Android TV boxes, NVIDIA Sheild, smartphones, tablets, and more.
Black Lightning is a fantastic Kodi addon that offers content with an easy-to-use interface. In addition, it has features like Trakt integration, Real-Debrid integration, and a super impressive content library.
This guide demonstrated how to install the Black Lightning Kodi addon in easy steps. Ask your questions in the comments section below.