In this guide, I will share how to install the Alvin addon on Kodi. Mac, Raspberry Pi, Windows, Android, iOS, and Android TV are some examples of Kodi-compatible devices.
What Is Alvin Addon?
fAlvin is one of the most popular Kodi addons for streaming movies and shows. It offers viewers an extensive collection of TV shows and movies of different genres.
With a vast media library, this addon’s movie and TV show collection can keep you busy and entertained for a long time. Their media library is continuously updated, so you can always access in-demand content all the time.
When I was using Alvin Addon, I did not experience much buffering. However, it might differ depending on your internet connection and other factors.
It is a lightweight addon that comes with intuitive menus. Users won’t have problems selecting videos, subtitles, or other features.
Alvin addon is usually preloaded with Kodi builds.
Attention KODI Users: Read before you continue
Government and ISPs endlessly monitor your online activities using your IP address 22.214.171.124 (exposed to everyone). Kodi is an excellent platform for streaming movies, TV shows, and sports, but streaming copyrighted content can get you into legal trouble.
You should use a reliable Kodi VPN and protect your streaming activities and privacy. A VPN will hide your IP address and bypass government surveillance and geo-restrictions.
I trust and use ExpressVPN, the fastest and most secure Kodi VPN. It's easy to install on any Kodi device, including Amazon FireStick, PCs, and Smartphones. In addition, it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, and 3 free months with the annual plan.
Is Alvin Kodi Addon Safe?
Alvin Kodi Addon is an unofficial addon that uses a third-party repository. The third-party repository is named Octopus.
Users might be skeptical about using third-party addons because of malware. However, when I was installing Alvin Addon on Kodi, I did not experience any signs of malware.
I used an online antivirus service named Total Virus to scan its repository. Out of 89 security vendors, only two flagged the repository as malicious. Below is the image of the result of the antivirus scan.
Is Alvin Kodi Addon legal?
For the legality part, we are FireStickHow can’t verify if the addon is legal or not. But, we don’t support copyright violation and users installing illegal addons.
I recommend ExpressVPN for maximum anonymity and cybersecurity. In addition, the VPN technology makes it impossible for other internet users to view your streaming data.
Features of Alvin Addon
Alvin has many intuitive features that make it stand out from other video addons.
- Alvin Addon has a search feature where users can easily search for movies instead of scrolling through suggestions.
- You can access documentaries, new movies, episodes, and TV shows.
- The addon also has box sets and a tool section where you can modify some addon settings.
How to Install Alvin Kodi Addon
The installation process is more complex for a third-party addon than an official addon. Since it is a bit complicated, I divided the process into three to make it easier for you.
- Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources
- Part 2: Install the Alvin Addon repository
- Part 3: Install Alvin Kodi Addon
Part 1: Enable Unknown Sources
The first step when installing a third-party addon is to allow apps to be installed from unknown sources. To enable this setting, follow the steps below.
1. Open Kodi.
2. Select Settings. It is on the top left side.
3. Select Systems. You will see the System icon at the lower part of the screen.
4. Move your cursor down. Click on Addons on the left.
5. Enable Unknown Sources. You will see it on the right side of the screen.
6. You will receive a warning message. Click Yes.
7. Make sure the Toggle is flipped to the right.
Note: you may not need to enable Unknown Sources settings if it is already flipped to the right. Once you complete this, you can proceed to the other steps below.
Part 2: Install Repository
When you have enabled the setting above, you are now allowed to install third-party addons on Kodi. Once this is done, the next thing you should do is install the third-party repository called Octopus on Kodi.
To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Go to Settings again.
2. Click on File Manager. It is at the top left side of the screen.
3. Click Add Source. It is on the left side of your screen.
4. Click <None>. You will find it in a blank space.
5. Type in the following URL: http://octopus246.esy.es/octopus
Note: FireStickHow has no association with the developers of the repository or this URL. This URL points to the official website of the repository and addon.
6. Click OK.
7. Click on the box at the down part of the screen.
8. Type the name of the repository. Here, I’m going with Octopus.
9. Confirm the name and click OK.
10. Go back to the Settings window—select Addons.
11. Go down the list and select Install from the zip file.
12. A warning will pop up, ignore it and click Yes.
13. Go through the list of repositories and then select Octopus.
14. Click on the Zip file.
15. Wait for some moment for the repository to install. It may take a minute or more, depending on your internet connection.
16. A message which reads “Octopus Repository Addon Installed” will show.
The third-party repository has been installed, and the next step is to install the Alvin Addon.
Part 3: Install Alvin Addon
Now you have installed the repository. You don’t need to go back to any window again. The installation of Alvin Addon starts immediately.
1. Click on Install from the repository.
2. Among other options, click on Octopus Repository.
3. Select Video Addons. It is one the down part of the window.
4. A list will appear. Click on Alvin Kodi Addon.
5. Select Install. It is at the bottom right of the screen.
6. A warning will pop up. It shows dependencies that will be installed. Click OK.
7. Wait for the Alvin Kodi Addon to be installed. It takes about a minute or two to get installed.
8. A message which reads “Alvin Addon Installed” will pop up.
So, this is how the Alvin Kodi addon is installed.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on Kodi. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. They use your IP address 126.96.36.199 to track you. Streaming free or copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can use a VPN to easily protect your privacy and go invisible from your Government and ISP. I use and recommend ExpressVPN with Kodi.
ExpressVPN is the fastest, most secure, and streaming-friendly VPN. It is easy to install and set up on any Kodi device, including FireStick, Smartphones, PCs, and more.
ExpressVPN, offers an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee. So, if you do not like the service (I don't see why), you can get a full refund within 30 days.
Please remember that we encourage you to use a VPN to maintain your privacy. However, we do not condone breaking copyright laws.
Before you start using Kodi for streaming, here is how you can protect yourself with ExpressVPN:
Step 1: Sign up for ExpressVPN Here
Step 3: Open the ExpressVPN app on your device. Sign in with your account. Click the connect/power button to connect to the VPN
Great! You have successfully secured yourself with the best Kodi VPN.
How to Use Alvin Kodi Addon
Using Alvin Kodi Addon is straightforward because the UI is intuitive and very navigable. In addition, the menus are well arranged for easy accessibility.
To use the video addon, go to the Kodi home screen.
1. Scroll down. Select Addons.
2. Select the Alvin addon.
3. On top of the list, click on Movies.
4. Scroll down. Click on Search.
5. Type in Algiers.
6. Click on Algiers (1938).
7. Wait for it to load.
8. Scroll down. Click on any of the Video Streaming Links.
9. Wait for it to load and play.
10. This button will help you move the video backward.
11. This button Plays/Pauses the video.
12. This button Stops the video from playing.
13. This button moves the video faster.
14. This is to see more information about the video.
15. This button is to bookmark the video.
16. This is the subtitle button.
17. This is the settings button.
How to Sign Up for and Set up Real Debrid
Real Debrid is a multi-hoster that adds quality streaming links in high resolution.
Below is how you can set it up on Kodi.
1. Go to https://real-debrid.com. Click on Sign up.
2. Enter your details.
3. You will receive a confirmation email. Click and activate your account.
4. Go back to their website. Log in.
Steps to Set up Real Debrid on Kodi
After activating the Real Debrid subscription, follow the steps below to set it up with the Alvin Kodi addon:
1. Open Kodi. Click on Settings.
2. Click System.
3. Go down. Click on the Standard settings icon.
4. Keep clicking until you see Advanced.
5. Select Addons on the left sidebar.
6. Select Manage Dependencies.
7. Scroll down. Click on ResolveURL.
8. Click on Configure.
9. Scroll down. Click on Universal Resolver 2.
10. At the Real Debrid section, click on (Re) Authorize My Account.
11. A code will appear on the screen. Go back to the Real Debrid website. https://real-debrid.com/device.
12. Enter the code on your Kodi screen.
13. Click Allow.
14. Ensure you see “Application allowed” on your screen.
15. Go back to Kodi, and ensure you see “ResolveURL Real-Debrid Resolver Authorised” on the screen.
How to Set Up Trakt
Trakt is an online platform that helps you keep track of the video you are watching.
Below, I will show you the steps on how to install Trakt.
1. Go to the Trakt website. https://www.trakt.tv. Click Join Trakt for Free.
2. Enter your details.
3. Click Join Trakt.
4. Confirm your email.
5. Select your favorite streaming device. Click Next Step.
6. Select your favorite genres. Click Next Step.
7. In the next window, add the movies you have watched or currently watching.
8. You can choose to share your activities on social media or not.
9. You can choose to receive push notifications or not.
10. Click on Continue to Dashboard.
Steps to Set Up Trakt on Kodi
1. Open Kodi. Click on Settings.
2. Click Addons.
3. Select Install from the repository.
4. Click on the Kodi Addon repository.
5. Select Program addons.
6. Go down the list. Select Trakt.
7. Click Install.
8. Wait for the Trakt Addon Installed notification to pop up.
9. Go to Trakt.tv/activate and enter the code that displays on your Kodi.
10. Once entered, you can use Trakt on your Kodi.
Above, I just showed you how to install Alvin Addon on Kodi. It is a video addon with a massive library of films and shows. The addon design is very lightweight and effortless. How do you like Alving? Please drop any feedback or suggestions in the comment section.