This guide shows you how to Install Aurora Store on FireStick. The steps in this tutofrial apply to any device that runs Fire OS, including FireStick 4K & FireStick 4K Max, FireStick 3rd Gen & FireStick Lite, the latest Fire TV Cube, and TV sets with built-in Fire OS.
What Is Aurora Store?
Aurora Store is a third-party app store that lets you download and install third-party apps on your FireStick. You can compare the app with Aptoide, which is the most popular third-party app store for FireStick presently.
Aurora Store is a straightforward service with an extensive library of streaming and utility apps. However, it is not entirely remote-friendly. Therefore, you may need the Mouse Toggle app for navigation.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Your government and ISP are probably monitoring your streaming activities using your IP address 188.8.131.52 (exposed to all). You may get into serious legal trouble for streaming copyrighted videos on FireStick.
I strongly recommend getting a trusted VPN for FireStick to hide your IP address and protect your online identity.
Don't miss out on the peace of mind and online security ExpressVPN provides.
Is Aurora Store Safe?
Aurora Store appears to be safe. I am saying this because I have it on two FireSticks, and it hasn’t tried to download any malicious programs. However, I am not a security expert. Therefore, I cannot claim it is safe (it being a third-party app and all).
I ran the APK file of the Aurora Store with an online antivirus tool called Virus Total. The antivirus further checked the file with 63 security vendors. It did not find any flags or security concerns. Here is the scan result:
Is Aurora Store Legal?
Aurora Store is a third-party app store. Therefore, the legal status of the app is not confirmed. FireStickHow.com does not have the means to verify whether all the apps in the Aurora Store library are legal.
If you are using a streaming app to watch copyrighted content, you may run into legal trouble. Therefore, watch only those videos that you have confirmed are in the public domain.
How to Install Aurora Store on FireStick
Aurora Store is a third-party app store. The steps to install third-party apps differ from an official app (the one you get from the Amazon Store). However, I will make the process simple by breaking it down into two essential parts:
- Set up FireStick to allow Sideloading of Aurora Store
- Steps to Install Aurora Store
Part 1: Set up FireStick to Allow Sideloading of Aurora Store
In this part, we are going to do two things:
- Install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store. This app lets you sideload third-party apps on FireStick.
- Permit Downloader to allow sideloading.
You may install the Downloader app from the Amazon Store. I am providing the quick steps here. However, you may always refer to our step-by-step guide with screenshots for more information.
1. Go to the FireStick home screen and navigate to Find > Search.
2. Look up Downloader and follow the onscreen instructions to install the app.
3. Now, open FireStick Settings from the home screen and go to My Fire TV > Developer Options > Install Unknown Apps. Next, change the status of the Downloader app from OFF to ON.
Note: After clicking Developer Options, does your device display Apps from Unknown Sources? If yes, click it and turn it ON instead.
That’s it! Your FireStick is now all set up to sideload the Aurora Store.
Part 2: Steps to Install Aurora Store on FireStick
Follow the steps below to install or sideload Aurora Store on FireStick:
1. Click the Your Apps & Channels button in the menu bar on the home screen of FireStick to open the list of your installed apps.
Note: You may also press and hold the home button on your FireStick remote. When the popup appears, click Apps.
2. The following window displays all your apps. Find and click Downloader.
I have created a home screen shortcut for Downloader to access it quickly.
3. A couple of popups may appear when you launch Downloader the first time. You may also need to allow storage permission to Downloader. Once you are past all that, the following home screen appears. Next, click the URL text box or address bar as marked in the image below.
4. Next, type the following path using the onscreen keyboard: firestickhow.com/aurora
Recheck the URL for mistakes and click GO (or press the Play/Pause button on the remote).
Disclaimer: This URL points to an extended URL, the website where the Aurora APK is hosted. FireStickHow does not host any APKS. We are also not associated with the developers of the Aurora Store.
5. The Downloader app will now load a webpage.
6. Scroll down on this page and click the button that says Latest version.
7. Another page may appear. Scroll down and click Download.
8. Wait for the Downloader app to download the Aurora Store APK file on your device. This may take a minute or two.
9. When the file download is complete, FireStick will stage the APK and display the following prompt. Go ahead and click Install in the bottom-right of the prompt.
10. Wait for a few seconds for the app to install.
11. You will see the “App Installed” notification once the Aurora Store installation is complete. After that, you may click the Open option to launch the app. However, I prefer clicking DONE. This way, I can delete the APK file, which is no longer required as Aurora Store is already installed.
12. Click Delete on this prompt.
13. Click Delete again to confirm.
You have successfully installed Aurora Store on FireStick!
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on FireStick. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. Free streaming of copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily avoid online monitoring and safeguard your privacy with a trusted VPN on FireStick. A VPN will hide your IP address and online identity by encrypting your internet connection.
Please note that I am not encouraging you to violate any copyright laws. You should always watch the content available in the public domain. I am simply recommending the use of a VPN to maintain your privacy. You have every right to your privacy, which is constantly being breached these days.
I personally use ExpressVPN and have found it to be the fastest and most secure FireStick VPN. It is also the most streaming-friendly VPN I have ever used. Therefore, I highly recommend getting ExpressVPN for FireStick.
Here is how you can quickly get the ExpressVPN app on FireStick:
Step 1: Click HERE to subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy a 49% discount with 3 months of extended service. You are also eligible for a 30-day, full money-return guarantee.
Step 2: Download and install ExpressVPN on FireStick
- Choose the Find > Search option on the FireStick home screen on the menu bar.
- Search for ExpressVPN.
- Click the ExpressVPN icon on the following window.
- Click Download or Get on the next window
Step 3: Open ExpressVPN once you have downloaded it. Sign in with your account.
Step 4: Choose a server and click the Connect/Power button
Put your mind at ease now! You have successfully secured your streaming activities with ExpressVPN.
Aurora Store First-Run Setup
Note: DO NOT skip this section if you want to install apps from Aurora Store.
Aurora Store is a sideloading tool. Therefore, you must give it sideloading permission before installing any app from it. Here is how you do it:
1. Go to FireStick Settings from the home screen menu.
2. Click My Fire TV.
3. Click Developer Options.
4. Click Install Unknown Apps (or Apps from Unknown Sources).
5. Find and enable Aurora Store (change it from OFF to ON).
Now that you have granted permission to Aurora Store, you can start using it now.
If you plan to use Aurora Store frequently, you may like to create a home screen shortcut for it. It will allow you to access the app quickly.
To access Aurora Store from the Your Apps & Channels window, click the corresponding button in the menu bar on the home screen (3 squares and 1 plus sign).
Scroll down to open the app.
When you start the Aurora Store app the first time, it asks you to accept the terms of service. So first, click the checkbox on the left and then click the Accept button in the bottom-right.
A bunch of screens appear on the first run. On the Welcome screen. Click Next in the bottom-right part.
Click Next on the Installer window.
Note: If you know what you are doing, you may select the options (such as Native Installer, Root Installer, and Aurora Service) before clicking Next. However, most users (including me) do not need these services.
You may keep the default System theme or choose one of the custom themes (such as Light, Dark, Pitch Black, and Dark-X). Click Next.
Choose an Accent color if you like, or leave it untouched. Click Next.
To get past this screen, navigate to and click the GRANT button in the External Storage Access box.
Click Allow when the following prompt appears.
Next, click Finish to finalize the Aurora Store setup.
Finally, choose a login method. You can sign in with Google. I prefer going Anonymous since Aurora Store is a third-party app.
Overview of Aurora Store
Here’s the home screen of the Aurora Store app. While you can navigate most of the app with your remote, you will need Mouse Toggle to access some sections (such as the menu).
You can browse apps in three tabs, For You, Top Charts, and Categories.
At the bottom, you can choose between Apps and Games.
The bottom menu bar also has an option Updates. It shows the lists of all the updates that require updates.
Note: Use this option to update only the third-party apps. Go to FireStick Settings > Applications > Appstore for Amazon Store apps and turn on the automatic updates.
To access the Aurora Store menu, click the menu icon in the top-left corner (you may need a Mouse Toggle).
Here’s the dropdown menu. The options are self-explanatory. Let’s click Settings at the bottom.
Here’s the Settings menu of the Aurora Store app. Explore the options, and if you need any explanation, let me know through the comments box below.
Install Apps from Aurora Store
I am assuming you have already granted sideloading permission to Aurora Store. If you haven’t done that, scroll up to the Aurora Store First-Run Setup section.
I am using Peacock TV for demonstration. You will find it under “Popular Apps” on the home screen (as I write this guide). Here are the steps:
1. Click the Peacock TV icon (you may need the Mouse Toggle).
2. Click the Install button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Wait for the download to complete, and then click Install.
4. Wait for the App Installed notification.
This post demonstrated how to install Aurora Store on FireStick. You also learned how to set up the app. I also gave you a quick overview. Aurora Store is a straightforward app. However, you may require Mouse Toggle to navigate some of its sections.