Today I will show you how to install Zoom on FireStick. You can utilize this tutorial on all your Fire TV and Fire OS devices. Moreover, I have also mentioned the Zoom’s subscription plans and main features. So, let’s begin with the basics and discuss what the app is.
What is Zoom
Zoom is a video-conferencing application for virtual meetings and conferences. It is a cloud-based service that supports audio, video calling, and chat features.
The application is excellent for connecting with your work team or family for a video call. In addition, you can get Zoom on FireStick to attend meetings, and conference calls on a big screen.
I love using Zoom for my work meetings. The application is fast, and the interface is super simple to navigate. You will get the gist of it in just the first use.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Your government and ISP are probably monitoring your streaming activities using your IP address 188.8.131.52 (exposed to all). You may get into serious legal trouble for streaming copyrighted videos on FireStick.
I strongly recommend getting a trusted VPN for FireStick to hide your IP address and protect your online identity.
I use ExpressVPN on all my devices as it is the most secure, fastest, and easy-to-use VPN. It comes with an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee, and you get 3 free months with the yearly plan.
Don't miss out on the peace of mind and online security ExpressVPN provides.
Read: How to Install & Set up the best VPN on FireStick.
Zoom Plans & Pricing
Zoom has four subscription plans for its users. They are called Basic, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. The Basic plan is free and offers a few necessary features for video calling.
The Pro package is $149.90 per year for a single user, offering the same basic plan features plus two more. Furthermore, you get 50GB of free cloud storage and two premium apps.
The Business package is 199.90/year/user. It’s the best value for money and packs in great features. You can save up to $39 yearly if you subscribe to the Business plan.
In addition to these plans, you can explore various other plans on the Zoom Official website, depending upon how you want to use the service.
Features of Zoom App
Here are the highlighting features of the app:
- Simple interface
- A variety of packages for each user
- Online whiteboard facility
- Fast and secure
- A free plan that caters to most user’s requirements
How to Sign Up on Zoom
To sign up on Zoom, follow these steps:
Go to Zoom’s official website and tap the Sign Up Free icon.
Verify your age by tapping the Birth Year tab and entering your age.
Next, enter your Email address and tap the Continue button. You can also sign in via SSO, Apple, Google, and Facebook.
And that’s it. Your free basic account is created. You can now enjoy its features or upgrade your plan in the settings menu.
Method #1 – How to Install Zoom on FireStick
Here’s how you can install Zoom on FireStick. Please note that this method only applies to Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen and Amazon Omni Fire TV devices.
1. Scroll and tap the Find icon on the Fire TV home screen.
2. Now select the Search tab on the top of the screen to find the application on the Amazon app store.
3. The Search menu will maximize. You can now use the Fire TV remote to write Zoom Meeting App in the search field. Then, select Zoom Meeting App when it appears in the suggested searches.
4. The application will appear under the APPS & GAMES section. Please tap on the Zoom icon to load it.
5. If the app is available on your Fire TV, you’ll view a Get button on the page. But, if it’s not, you’ll see an Unavailable icon that can be seen below. In that case, you can sideload the Zoom app by following the steps provided in the next section.
Method #2 – How to Install Zoom on FireStick – Sideloading
Another method to get the Zoom app on your FireStick is through sideloading. If you own Fire TV devices other than Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen and Amazon Omni Fire TV, you’ll need to sideload Zoom.
Set Up FireStick for Sideloading
To sideload Zoom on FireStick, you will need another app called Downloader.
Please follow our detailed guide on installing and setting up Downloader for sideloading.
Here are the quick steps to download and set up Downloader:
1. Go to your FireStick home screen and click the Find icon. Then, tap the Search bar and start typing Downloader in the search field. The application will quickly appear in the suggested searches. Tap on Downloader and follow the onscreen instructions to download it.
2. Open the FireStick Settings and click the My Fire TV button. Next, scroll and select Developer Options and click Install Unknown Apps to enable Downloader.
Note: Some FireStick versions display Apps from Unknown Sources after clicking Developer Options in place of Install Unknow Apps. Turn it ON.
Steps to Install Zoom on FireStick
Now that you’ve successfully enabled Downloader on FireStick, please follow these steps to get the Zoom application.
1. Click the Three-square icon on the Fire TV home screen to launch the Apps menu.
2. From the list of apps, scroll and select the Downloader icon.
3. The app’s home screen will open. Select the Enter a URL tab.
4. Write zoom.us/download in the field and click the Go button to proceed.
Disclaimer: This URL leads to the official page of the Zoom website. FireStickHow.com is not affiliated with the website owners or the app developers.
5. Zoom’s downloading page will open. Read the Privacy statement and then tap Download From Zoom.
6. The file will start downloading. Wait for the process to complete. In the meanwhile, you can follow the download progress on the screen.
7. The app will ask permission to install once the download is completed. Tap INSTALL to proceed.
8. Once the installation completes, tap the DONE button.
9. Now that you’ve got Zoom on your FireStick, you can delete the file. Tap on Delete in the pop-up message.
10. Confirm your choice by again tapping the Delete option.
This is how you sideload and install Zoom on FireStick.
Wait! It looks like you are all set to start watching your favorite content on FireStick. But have you protected your online identity yet? You are under constant surveillance by the Government and ISP. Free streaming of copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily avoid online monitoring and safeguard your privacy with a trusted VPN on FireStick. A VPN will hide your IP address and online identity by encrypting your internet connection.
Please note that I am not encouraging you to violate any copyright laws. You should always watch the content available in the public domain. I am simply recommending the use of a VPN to maintain your privacy. You have every right to your privacy, which is constantly being breached these days.
I personally use ExpressVPN and have found it to be the fastest and most secure FireStick VPN. It is also the most streaming-friendly VPN I have ever used. Therefore, I highly recommend getting ExpressVPN for FireStick.
Here is how you can quickly get the ExpressVPN app on FireStick:
Step 1: Click HERE to subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy a 49% discount with 3 months of extended service. You are also eligible for a 30-day, full money-return guarantee.
Step 2: Download and install ExpressVPN on FireStick
- Choose the Find > Search option on the FireStick home screen on the menu bar.
- Search for ExpressVPN.
- Click the ExpressVPN icon on the following window.
- Click Download or Get on the next window
Step 3: Open ExpressVPN once you have downloaded it. Sign in with your account.
Step 4: Choose a server and click the Connect/Power button
Put your mind at ease now! You have successfully secured your streaming activities with ExpressVPN.
Overview of Zoom App
Before proceeding further, don’t forget to create the application’s shortcut on the Fire TV home screen.
Now let’s go through what the app entails. But first, here’s how you load it for the first time.
Launch the Fire TV home screen and tap the Three-square icon on the right.
The Apps & Channels menu will launch; click the Zoom icon to launch it.
The application will start to load. Please wait for it to complete loading. The Welcome page of the application will open. Here, you can Sign Up and Sign In. For that, click on the respective option and follow the onscreen instructions. To join a meeting, tap Join a Meeting.
Now you need to enter the meeting details. Put in the Meeting ID and tap on Join. At the bottom, you can also explore the joining options like Audio and Video settings. This is the quick way to start video calling and joining meetings on the app.
You can select the Gear icon on the Welcome page to go to the app’s settings.
In the Settings menu, there are a bunch of options. The three main setting sections are Meetings, General and Accessibility. Tap on each to customize them.
Zoom is a fantastic app for virtual meetings and group video calls. This tutorial guided you on how to install Zoom on FireStick. Although the sideloading method may initially seem complex, it’s not. Once you get the hang of it, you can download third-party apps on your streaming device. Don’t forget to take advantage of the free plan.
Leave a Reply