In this post, I will show you how to install UnlockMyTV on FireStick. The same steps will work on Fire TV Cube, Fire Stick 4K, and other older Fire TV devices.
As I write this guide, UnlockMyTV is a new app and it looks like a clone of the more popular Cinema HD APK. But, what’s better about UnlockMyTV is that it is currently free of annoying ads. On the other hand, the Cinema HD has plenty of them.
UnlockMyTv is doing a fine job of pulling the quality streams from the best sources out there. It rounds up lots of streams in 1080p quality. 720p and SD streams are also available. It would be a great idea to integrate the app with Real Debrid to unlock its full potential.
Let us get started with the installation process.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Your streaming activities are probably getting monitored constantly by your Government and your ISP. If you are caught streaming copyrighted videos on your FireStick, you are likely to get into serious legal trouble.
Your IP address 2607:5300:203:2226::, 2607:5300:203:2226:: is exposed to anyone who is watching. That is how they will track you. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you get a trusted VPN for Firestick right now and hide your online identity.
I am using ExpressVPN on all my devices as it is the most reliable, most secure, and the fasted VPN in the market. You can easily install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick or any other device within minutes.
ExpressVPN offers you a money-return guarantee of 30 days. Also, you can claim 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans.
How to Install UnlockMyTV on FireStick
The installation process is simple but a bit long. Therefore, let me give you a brief snapshot of it before we start with the actual steps. This will be the course of the process:
– Enable Apps from Unknown Sources in the FireStick Settings
– Install the Downloader app from Amazon Store
– Install the UnlockMyTV app on FireStick with the Downloader app
The following instructions cover the above three phases in the same order as given. Here is how it is done:
1. This is the Kodi home screen. There is the menu bar right on the top. Navigate to it and select Settings
2. Go to the My Fire TV menu option in Settings and open it
3. Select and then click Developer Options
4. Apps from Unknown Sources is the second option. It must be ‘ON’ if you want to install UnlockMyTV on FireStick
In case it is ‘OFF’ click it once
5. Confirm by clicking Turn On when this prompt is displayed
6. Press the Home key on your FireStick remote or press the back button repeatedly until the FireStick home screen is displayed again
Select the menu on the top again
Navigate to the top-left corner to select the lens icon or Search option
7. Look up for the Downloader app
Install this app by following the onscreen instructions
8. Now run the Downloader app on FireStick
Click Allow when prompted (this prompt will appear only on the first run)
Get rid of any other prompts that might appear
9. By default, the Downloader app opens with the Home tab selected (on the left menu)
Keep it like that and jump to the right part
Click the text field which reads ‘http://’
10. Now enter the following URL: https://www.firestickhow.com/unlock
11. UnlockMyTV APK now downloads. It is a small-sized APK. It should not take too long to download it
12. When this prompt is triggered, click Install at the bottom
13. Wait for the UnlockMyTV APK to install on FireStick. Again, it doesn’t take too long
14. You should see the App installed confirmation once UnlockMyTV has installed
I am not clicking OPEN at this time because we will delete the UnlockMyTV ApK first
15. Go ahead and click Delete
16. Click Delete again
Great! You have successfully installed UnlockMyTV on Amazon FireStick!
Features of UnlockMyTV FireStick App
Here are some of the features you would be interested in:
– It is a lightweight app that takes less than 20MB on your device
– Has a remote-friendly interface suited for TV devices like FireStick
– Both navigation and playback are fast
– Has a big library of movies and TV shows
– The content library is regularly updated with new movie releases and new episodes
– Allows you to download videos
– Premium hoster signup available with Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize
– Trakt integration available
– Easy to use interface
– Filter, search and sort options available
Wait! Before you start watching your favorite content on FireStick, make sure you have protected your online identity. Your streaming activities are likely being monitored and logged by your Government as well as your ISP. Free streaming of copyrighted videos may get you into legal trouble.
Thankfully, you can easily avoid the surveillance and monitoring of your online activities and completely maintain your privacy. All you need to do is connect to a trusted and reliable VPN on FireStick. A VPN will hide your IP address and your online identity by encrypting your internet connection.
Please note that I am not encouraging you to violate any copyright laws. You should always watch the content available in the public domain. I am simply recommending the use of a VPN to maintain your privacy. You have every right to your privacy, which is being constantly breached these days.
I personally use ExpressVPN and have found it to be the fastest and most secure FireStick VPN. It is the most streaming-friendly VPN I have ever used. Therefore, I highly recommend getting ExpressVPN for FireStick.
Here is how you can quickly and easily get the ExpressVPN app on FireStick:
Step 1: Click HERE to subscribe to ExpressVPN and enjoy a 49% discount with 3 months of extended service. You are also eligible for a 30-day money-return guarantee
Step 2: Download and install ExpressVPN on FireStick
- Choose the Search option on the FireStick home screen in the top-left corner and search for ExpressVPN
- Click ExpressVPN icon on the following window. Click Download or Get on the next window
Step 3: Open ExpressVPN once you have downloaded it. Sign in with your account
Step 4: Choose a server and click the Connect/Power button
Put your mind at ease now! You have successfully secured your streaming activities with ExpressVPN.
How to use UnlockMyTV on FireStick
Let me give you a quick rundown of the UnlockMyTV app for FireStick.
On the first run, UnlockMyTV app will ask you for the system permission to access photos, media, etc. Go ahead and click Allow
Clicking Deny will close the app
There will be more prompts. Dismiss them by choosing the appropriate options. For instance, when this prompt shows, hit the back remote button
There is a chance the new version of the app is available. In that case, UnlockMyTV will prompt you to update the app. Go ahead with it. It is best to have the up to date version of this streaming service.
After having dismissed the prompts, this is the main screen of the UnlockMyTV app you land on. The default home-screen features the TV Shows. If you would like to see the movies instead, you can do that from the menu or from the app settings. I will show that you later.
Thankfully, UnlockMyTV allows you to sort, filter and search the content. You don’t have to scroll through to find what you are looking for. While the trending movies/shows appear first on the screen, you can look up for more in a variety of ways.
For instance, if you want to sort/filter the content genre-wise, you may click the tiny inverted triangle in the top menu bar. You will have the option to pick the categories like Crime, Drama, Comedy, Documentary, etc.
The search option is also a great way to find what you want to watch. You just need to click the lens icon near the top-right corner.
You may also like to sort/filter the movies and shows by year. Just click the filter icon in the far-right on the top to bring up this screen. It lets you go almost as far back as you want. However, the app may not necessarily have any content available for the selected year
Now I will show you how to switch between Movies & TV Shows on the main screen. I will also tell you more about the menu items
Go to the far-left on the top and click those 3 horizontal lines to display the dropdown menu. As you can see, the first two entries are TV Shows and Movies. So, that’s how you toggle between the two.
If you have marked any video as your favorite, click the Favorites option in the menu to view it.
To access your streaming records, go to History
TV Calendar displays the schedule but it is not very effective. It works better if you have signed in with Trakt (you can do that via app Settings)
The Downloads section in the menu is where you can see your downloaded videos
Click Settings to access the app settings. The setting options look like this:
There are plenty of options here. Here are some of them you could be interested in:
– Choose default player: Lets you pick the video player of your choice. If you don’t choose any external player, the app will use its built-in UnlockMyTV player. I recommend using MX Player.
– Show Only HD links: If you want to filter out any SD or non-HD links, this is the option to enable
– Debrid section: Let’s you sign in to your favorite Debrid provider. Real-Debrid is the best by far.
– Login to Trakt TV: To sync your Trakt account
In the end…
So, this is pretty much everything you need to know about UnlockMyTV on FireStick. The app is doing great presently. There are lots of videos and lots of quality streams. What’s even better is that currently, the app does not have any ads. What do you think about this app? Feel free to let us know through the comments section below.
You may also like: