In this article, I will show you how to update Kodi on FireStick. I will also give you a basic guide to navigate Kodi on FireStick and watch free movies, TV shows, and a host of other content. If your update fails for some reason, I will show you an alternate process.
If you are someone who has been using the old version of Kodi on FireStick, I will show you a simple process to help you update Kodi on FireStick. The process is fairly simple. So I am confident you will be done with the entire updating Kodi process quite soon.
If you are a new user who hasn’t used Kodi on FireStick before, believe me when I say this, Kodi on FireStick is almost necessary. It helps you unlock the full potential of your Amazon FireStick.
The process that I am going to show is to work on all Fire TV devices. This includes Fire TV Stick, TV Stick Lite, FireStick 4K, and Fire TV Cube. You can do this process on any TV. Android TV and Smart TV are viable options. But any TV would do.
Attention FireStick Users: Read before you continue
Your streaming activities are probably getting monitored constantly by your Government and your ISP. If you are caught streaming copyrighted videos on your FireStick, you are likely to get into serious legal trouble.
Your IP address 126.96.36.199 is exposed to anyone who is watching. That is how they will track you. Therefore, I strongly recommend that you get a trusted VPN for Firestick right now and hide your online identity.
I am using ExpressVPN on all my devices as it is the most reliable, most secure, and the fasted VPN in the market. You can easily install and set up ExpressVPN on FireStick or any other device within minutes.
ExpressVPN offers you a money-return guarantee of 30 days. Also, you can claim 3-months free and save 49% on its annual plans.
How to Update Kodi on FireStick
I have broken down the entire ‘how to update Kodi on FireStick’ process into three separate phases. We will go through them one by one. Let us begin with the first part.
Step 1: Change Your FireStick Settings
Before doing this, you must ensure that the Downloader app is installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. If not, go to the Amazon app store and look for the Downloader app. It will have an orange and white logo, and install it on your Fire TV Stick.
Now let us change the settings of your Fire TV Stick.
1. Go to the Settings menu of your Fire TV Stick.
2. Select My Fire TV from the Settings menu.
3. There will be Developer options in the My Fire TV menu. Select that option.
4. In the developer options menu, you will find an option called Install unknown apps. Select that option.
5. In the next window, you will find the Downloader app. By default, the permission would be turned off. You need to turn it ON.
6. Now, you will need to change one more thing. Go back to the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV devices.
7. Go to the Settings menu and select Preferences.
8. In Preferences, select Privacy Settings.
9. The next window will have a Collect app usage data option. Please turn it OFF.
Your FireStick is now ready for the latest version of Kodi.
Step 2: Download the Updated Kodi APK File
Now that the Fire TV settings have been tweaked, you need to download the latest version of the Kodi apk file. Let me quickly show you the steps to do so.
1. Open the Downloader app.
2. Go to the URL box of the Downloader app.
3. Enter the URL: https://www.firestickhow.com/kodi and then press Go.
4. You will see the download starting. Wait for the download to finish. Now we move on to the third phase.
Step 3: Update Kodi on FireStick
Now with the latest version of Kodi, you are ready to update to Kodi 19.4 Matrix.
1. Once the apk file download is over, you will be prompted to install it. Select Install.
2. Wait for the installation to be over. Once you see the app installed notification, select Done.
Congratulations! You have completed the process to update Kodi on FireStick.
Did Your Kodi Update Fail?
In some instances, your update of Kodi might not go through due to some technical issues. But there is no need to worry. Fresh installation might be the answer, and I will help you through this.
1. From the home screen, go to the Settings menu and select Applications.
2. From the applications menu, select Manage Installed Applications. (some Fire TV devices might show Manage Apps/ Manage Installed Apps.
3. On the next window, scroll and find Kodi. Then select it.
4. Select Force Stop. This is to ensure that no Kodi processes are running in the background.
5. Now select Uninstall.
Now we move on to the next part. Wait while the system finishes uninstalling Kodi from your FireStick.
Follow the URL given earlier in the article to download the latest version of Kodi. Then follow the same process mentioned to install Kodi on FireStick. If you manage to follow the same process without fail, it will install Kodi on FireStick without fail. And the best part is it will be a clean install.
How to Downgrade Kodi 19?
There have been instances where users have complained that Kodi 19 is not working properly on their devices. In such cases, a downgrade is the only way to keep seamlessly using Kodi. I will now show you how to downgrade Kodi on FireStick.
Firstly, you have to uninstall Kodi. Follow the steps that I outlined in this article to uninstall Kodi. Once you are done with the uninstall, you are ready to downgrade Kodi.
Let me show you the steps.
1. Open Downloader.
2. Go to the URL box. Enter the URL: https://www.nolimitswiz.appboxes.co
Then select Go.
3. Wait for the app to be downloaded. After downloading it, you will be shown a prompt to install it. Select Install.
4. Wait for the app to be installed. Then select Done.
5. You will be taken back to the Downloader. You need to delete the apk file as you no longer need it. So, select Delete.
6. On the next window, select Confirm.
Congratulations! You have successfully downgraded Kodi 19 on your FireStick.
Guide for Safe Usage of Kodi
While using Kodi, you can stream virtually anything and everything on your Amazon Fire TV. Free movies, TV shows, sports, and everything you stream on your FireStick through Kodi is visible to your ISP and in turn, the government. But what if you mistakenly stream content that you should not have been streaming?
Now you have no way of knowing beforehand what there is a link, right? So you might be completely oblivious that the link you are trying to stream with is illegal. In these instances, it is imperative to have a good VPN service to safeguard your Fire TV Stick.
My personal recommendation is to get yourself ExpressVPN, and I always connect to it before I start using Kodi on FireStick. It just gives me peace of mind knowing that my data is secure and nobody is monitoring me.
Why Kodi 19.4 Doesn’t Support Some Add-Ons?
The new Kodi versions have always brought forth completely innovative features. Kodi 19.4 Matrix follows the same trend with a host of upgrades and completely revamped features compared to the available versions of Kodi.
The matrix of the new update of Kodi is Python 3. This means a host of add-ons and builds that used to work seamlessly with Kodi will no longer work. But there is no need to panic. In the next section, I have curated a list of the best Kodi add-ons and builds to help you get the best out of the latest Kodi version.
Best Add-Ons for Kodi 19.4
Once you are done installing Kodi/updating Kodi, you will require add-ons and a Kodi build to get the best out of your Kodi. Here is the list of add-ons that work best with the newest Kodi version.
If you are interested in watching live TV channels from around the globe, this is your add-on. This add-on hosts numerous channels and is perfect for watching other content like movies, tv shows, etc. Zero registration fees and an easy-to-use interface make it an easy pick. tvOne offers-
- A considerable number of countries’ TV channels are available.
- Has options to play HD/Ultra HD videos.
- Allows for background playing.
- It has provisions to use subtitles in multiple languages.
Originating from the Magnetic Repo, this add-on has a vast content gallery from which you can stream content. Scraper links to many other websites are also found on this add-on.
Trakt.Tv account could be synchronized with it so that you can personalize the content library that the add-on makes available.
Here are its features. Nightwing offers
- User-friendly interface.
- Neatly cataloged content into categories and sub-categories.
- 4K video streaming quality is available depending on the content availability.
- It keeps providing you with streaming links from various other providers.
If you are looking for an add-on that will deliver content that people should only watch over a certain legal age, this is the add-on for you.
Lastly, here is a list of other essential Kodi add-ons-
- The Oath
- Super Flix
- Catch-up TV & more
- Cloud 9
Best Integrable Builds for Kodi 19.4
Now let us take a look at a list of best integrable builds for Kodi 19.4 Matrix after you are done updating Kodi/ have downloaded Kodi. These will help you spice up your Kodi home screen.
- Diggs Xenon
- The Lite
The latest version of Kodi is Kodi 19.4 Matrix.
No, you will not lose previous data if you update Kodi. Once you launch Kodi, you will see the data that you had on the screen.
Yes, this is reportedly the most stable version of Kodi available to date.
You can watch movies, TV shows, Live TV, sports events, and a host of other content on Kodi.
Kodi is one of the most versatile media players that has available versions on FireStick. Once you have installed Kodi, you will see a new world of possibilities open up. So, if you haven’t already installed Kodi, I suggest doing so now.
And once you have installed Kodi, do not forget to check out the add-ons and builds mentioned in the article.
Do you have any other add-on or build that you use? Did you face any issues while updating the software? Do let me know in the comments.